4

Once again you find yourself waking up early, it just seems to be your thing now.

You get ready for the day in the exact same way you have done for the past few days, once again finding a dress at the front of your wardrobe you didn't know you had and once again finding that your hair was prepared last night when you definitely didn't prepare it.

You shrug it off, assuming that you just forgot.
Again.
You have better things to focus on.

The morning goes slow, you finish the cleaning and it's barely 10am.
Why can't it go like the last few days where you blink and three hours have passed?
Perhaps you should have stayed in bed longer.

You take a seat on the sofa, smoothing out your dress once you've done so.
Leaning forward to the coffee table you pick up the television remote, pressing the on button.

You lean back, catching the second half of the weather forecast. 
It's going to be moderately hot and sunny all week. A bit of cloud cover, but not too much.

You watch the news for a little while, something that you don't usually do. Although you do wonder why you don't, perhaps it's just the whole having a television thing, you can't be the only one that still isn't used to it.
Live video with audio, in the comfort of your own home. Who knew?

The knock on the door startles you. "It's noon already?" You ask aloud.

The morning had gone so slow but you must have lost track of time while watching the television.
You quickly turn it off, almost running to the door.
You slip on your shoes, pulling open the front door to sure enough reveal your neighbour.

"Y/n." She smiles, "for a minute there I thought you had forgotten all about today." 
"No, no." You laugh, "How could I ever forget about arrangements I have made with you." 

Agnes grins, putting her hand over her chest, "A pretty thing like you concerned with the likes of me? I'm flattered." 

You look down at the ground, trying to hide the pink flush that has appeared on your cheeks.
"Shall we get going then?" Agnes asks, holding out her arm for you to take like she did last night, which doesn't help with the colour of your face.
"We shall." You reply quietly, missing the smirk on Agnes' face by mere seconds.

The two of you make small talk while you walk, nothing much, maybe a little gossip here and there.

Agnes really does know a lot about the residents of Westview.
The two of you walk for quite some time, and go quite far from the center of town.
So far you're not even sure where about you are.

You look around, realising that the road is completely empty. There is not a car in sight, not another person in sight.
You knew Westview was quite, eerily so, but there should be someone on this street. Right?

"Is something wrong, dear?" Agnes asks, causing you to realise that you've stopped.
"This is what I was talking about last night." You mutter.

"Whatever do you mean?" Agnes looks at you, her emotions unreadable.
"Well it's.. it's so quiet. Surely you can tell too. I can't be the only one." Agnes shrugs, turning around.

"I think it's about time we head back into town, it's getting dark." You turn around, attempting to find the sun. It's already nearing the horizon.

"Yes, I think maybe it is.. I didn't think we had been out so long." Agnes holds out her arm for you to take again, since you had unlinked yours when you had stopped.
You hesitate, taking one final look around.

Perhaps you should come here on your own.
See if things are the same.

Maybe you're just distracted, or it's the weather. 
You shake your head, turning back to Agnes.
"Lets go." You say, looping your arms through hers once again.
Agnes smiles, beginning to lead the two of you back towards town.

"There's a committee meeting tomorrow if you would like to come. It's for the Westview talent show. How about you come along?" Agnes asks, seemingly out of the blue.

She did say that she would invite you to the next one.

"I don't know, Agnes."
"But you were so excited yesterday." You sigh, you were excited yesterday.

"You'll come get me in the morning if I say yes?" Agnes nods, "then I'll come." 
Agnes grins, "Oh this will be swell." You half nod in agreement, falling into silence for the remainder of the journey home.

Agnes brings you to your front door, you turn to face her.
"I'll come get you in the morning, dear, you'll finally get the chance to meet Wanda as well."
"I suppose I will, thank you for inviting me." You smile.

"You don't need to thank me, I'm doing everyone a favour by bringing you along." She winks and you feel your face heat up.
You let out a small, quiet laugh, trying to push the feeling that she gives you away.

You don't know if Agnes is just saying these things to be nice or not, but you can't deny the way her words make you feel.
There is just something about Agnes, how she is, that just pulls you in.

"Anyway, I best be off, but I'll see you in the morning." Agnes winks, causing the feeling to swell even more.
"I'll see you in the morning, Agnes." You manage to say, unable to come up with anything more creative.

You watch Agnes turn and leave, only entering your own house once you see her reach her own front door.

Once inside you don't even bother turning any lights on, you just head straight upstairs.
You're so eager to sleep, eager to see Agnes again.

Despite how excited you are you're also kind of annoyed that conveniently the meeting is tomorrow.
You're annoyed that after today, after seeing how quiet it was and wanting to go back, alone, that suddenly this plan is in place.

It seems strange to you that nothing was mentioned yesterday, but today there is plans.
You get into bed, deciding that Agnes just forgot that it was happening.
That must be it.