5

You wake up surprisingly late compared to the past few days.
Today feels different compared to the others.. maybe it's just your nerves.

After all, today is the day you finally get to know some more of your neighbours.
Hopefully you'll make some new friends.
Although you doubt you'll choose anyone over Agnes if you get the chance.

You open your wardrobe, deciding today to go for a light button up shirt and mid thigh length skirt, the two pieces just feeling right for the day.

You go to do your hair and makeup, making sure your hair is a good height, adding a headband that conveniently matches your skirt.

Your makeup is mostly neutral, except for your eyes.
You use eyeliner to first line your eyes, then to line your crease, which you also blend ever so slightly with dark eyeshadow.
You add small triangles under your eyes, giving the illusion of bigger, more doll like eyes.

You make your way downstairs, the curl at the bottom of your hair bouncing slightly.
You look at the clock on the wall, Agnes likely won't be long now.
You forget breakfast, chances are there will be some food at this meeting.

Your next step is to put on your boots. They come up to just below your knee and match your shirt.
The door knocks, startling you slightly.

The zipper on your left boot decides to get stuck, you pull and pull but it doesn't continue to zip up.
You struggle with it, shuffling closer to the door, hoping to reach the door and fix your issue at the same time.
Your boot disagrees.

You open the door despite your struggle, greeting Agnes with a smile nonetheless.
"Good morning neighbour! Oh, are you having trouble?" You let out a small laugh, nodding.

"The darn thing just doesn't want to work for me." Agnes pauses for a second, before sinking into a crouch.

"Let me have a look for you." She places her bag on the ground, looking up at you, "is that okay?"
You nod, "you're free to try." Agnes flashes you her signature perfect smile, causing you to look away.

You feel the zipper moving and look back down in shock.
She didn't have any issues at all with the zip.
"Thank you so much, Agnes, you're a life saver. However did you get it to move?"

"Just a little trick I learned a few years ago. I would teach you, but we have places to be." You nod, she's right.
Agnes picks up her bag, standing before you once again.

She begins to walk down the path to the pavement, waiting for you to catch up once you've locked the door and stashed the key away.

You follow Agnes over the road where she picks up a cage containing a rabbit before continuing on.
You watch her walk up to the fence gate of the house next door, "Look, it's the star of the show." She states, clearly startling the woman in the garden.

"Agnes." Yep. Clearly caught off gaurd. The woman turns back to her rose bush, which she was tending to before. "I.. I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"Oh, I brought my pet rabbit for your magic act" The woman smiles at Agnes.
"Yes! Of course. Thank you, Agnes." She claps, "we will take good care of him." The younger woman takes the cage, making her way to the house to presumably place him.

"Senior Scratchy just loves the stage. He played baby Jesus in last years Christmas pagent." Agnes grins, looking towards you.

From behind comes the mailman.
"Oh, morning Dennis."
"Morning Agnes."
"Stick 'em up." Agnes playfully sticks up finger guns.

"Don't shoot, I'm just the messenger." He chuckles, sticking up his hands in defence.
Agnes makes a few little pews as shooting sounds, sending a wink your way before watching Dennis leave.