PART 3: ROOM OF KNOWLEDGE

Perawat has an emergency errand in the village and for the first time, he has to leave Prachaya alone because he couldn't take him along. Atthaphan is also out on a covert mission and may not be back soon. But him telling Prachaya to stay at the house has created what seems like a drama play on the threshold. Of a very patient mother, smiling and coaxing her headstrong and tenacious son to stay home and not to follow. 

"Why can't I come with you? I can walk, and you already gave me a hearty breakfast. I will not bother you, Perawat, you won't even know I'm there," said Prachaya, standing tall with a firm face, but his pair of eyes are pleading.

"I've already said so, you can't go out yet still looking like that, Prachaya, bruised and bandaged. It will attract too much attention and questions..."

"Then you can take them off, please. It's healing, I can already feel the stiffness on my body that the long contact with the mattress had given-" Prachaya's desperate words almost make Perawat cave, but his healer sense got the best of him, and Perawat cuts Prachaya's words.

"No, no, not yet, I can't do that!" Perawat's voice rises. Huh, this rock-headed man! " Prachaya, do you realize it's not easy for wounds like yours to heal properly? Never in a short time, and you need them to heal completely to avoid them causing trouble in the future. Don't rush things that shouldn't be. Give your body a few more days to heal, and hopefully, your obstinance will also decrease a little bit. Once I declare you are fit enough, I promise I will take you out." 

"But... it's been days and days. All I did was just rest and walk around. It feels like I've memorized all the plants in your garden, ate a humongous number of the yellow fruit, and... and..." Prachaya's pouty somber face subdued Perawat's small ember of anger, and almost made him laugh. He is still a young man after all under the heavy title of a King. He can be bored and lonely. 

Perawat's voice softens when he continues, "Well, since you've been around the house and the gardens, why don't you check our library. I'm sorry I haven't shown it to you yet, but I think it's time, you're ready now. Check the door under the stairs. It's not much but has variants of books that might accompany you and provide you with many knowledge. Who knows, choosing one yourself could be more entertaining than the stacks of books that I've brought to your room." 

And now, it's Perawat's smile that gives a small reddish tint on the young King's pale cheeks. Not making him angry will have him smiling more, and his smile is beautiful. Yes, Perawat has been bringing some books to his room with various titles, stories, and topics. Prachaya is always fond of reading. Other than being a good martial practicer, he can swallow dozens of books, a fast learner. That's why he enjoyed every book that Perawat has chosen for him. But Perawat is right, choosing himself might be a better idea.

Prachaya only nods, mumbles a thank you, and when Perawat's figure stepped out of the gate, he turns around and goes back into the house. 

Being left all alone for the first time, Prachaya can have a good look at the house. The first time he stepped inside that day, he was half-dead and could only remember the colorful sun ray from the large windows. So now, standing in the middle, he looks around the house. 

It's not big, but the clean and simple furniture gives it a wide and comfortable feeling. The colors are dominated by white, same as its owners, Prachaya muses. But its true cleanliness is the point that always amazes him. These two brothers must hate dust so much.

Afterward, he decided to step outside. Perawat never forbids him to go out to the gardens, but for safety reasons, he was never alone, one of the brothers was always with him. That's why he thinks it would be safer to go out in the backyard now that he is alone. So Prachaya passes the kitchen, opens the door to the back, the same door he passed that day when he saw the beautiful white apparition glowing with bright light...