School's Out Sara leonhart

Chapter 9-School's out Sara Leonhart

*Sara's P.O.V.

Since my kidnapping a few weeks ago I had dropped from society. New's of my disappearance stopped a little while after Joker's recovery from the hospital, and his reenlistment into Arkham. As far as the world was concerned I was dead. But that didn't stop Batman, or as I now know him as, Bruce Wayne. Bruce got me an apartment at the Clock Tower. I couldn't stay in his cave forever you know. After the incident with Scarecrow, however, he thought it would be better if I busied myself with more teenage things. School. That's right. Bruce thought it would be best if had responsibilities and enrolled me into Gotham High.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pick your name."

"What is this, a game?"

"Just do it."

"I want to be Sara."

"Fine, then pick a last name."

"...Leonhart?"

"What kind of name is that?"

"It's from a game."

"Fine. Leonhart it is. Just don't regret it later."

"Do I really have to do this?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because you'll only cause trouble if you stay here all day."

Batman enters the last bit of information into his computer and sends the document off to Gotham High's principal. Batman takes off his mask becoming Bruce again. He figured out how Sara had gotten out yesterday and knew she had figured him out as well. Sara knew him now better than ever. Bruce Wayne, a broken man with a haunting childhood past. A man with nothing on the inside but hate and vengeance, despite what he may have told himself, fighting for a city. Dark. Broken. Desperate. Just as he is. Forever in need for someone to free him of what he is, what he must be. For my city. For them. He will tell himself what he has to, but in the end he is still the same. Just a man looking for answers.

"You start school tomorrow, understand? Don't skip out or I'll know and you'll wish Joker really did kill you."

"Okay, okay, no need to get violent." Sara exits through the elevator door. She watched Batman put his cowl back on and turn from her. As the elevator door began to close she couldn't help but want to reach out and touch his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was a long one. Sara was forced back into society once again. She stood before Gotham High, a private school for the able, and maybe even the privileged. She wouldn't be surprised considering Gotham was full of those people despite the ruined condition it seems to maintain. Her uniform made her uncomfortable with its knee length skirt and tight dress shirt with a plaid pattern. Her stockings made her feel naked compared to the jeans she was used to, and her dress shoes made her feet hurt. All in all she felt miserable as people passed her by and into the double doors into what they called school. A lonely excuse to insert yourself into society. "Hey there!" Sara watches as a girl with curly brown locks and a heart shaped face approached her. A bright smile beaming on her beautiful face. "You must be Sara Leonhart. I am Jennifer Scott your student president. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." Sara fidgets nervously.

"Follow me. I"ll show you around the school."

For half an hour Sara toured the great halls of Gotham High, marveled at magnificent white walls and high ceilings or the prestigious aura of the people who walked past her. Her world had changed. "Sara, this is Timothy Drake. He has most of the classes you do, so he'll be taking you from place to place. Have a nice day."

Sara waves, dumbfounded at the kindness she was just met with. "She's...so nice."

"Don't be so sure of that." Timothy, a teenage boy no older than Sara with a certain look to him that suggested he'd been through some things better off not shared. "She may seem nice, but people like her are good at manipulating others. In fact, I think she has the entire school board in her pockets." He smiles at Sara. "Come on. I'll take you to class."

"What's Gotham High like, Timothy?"

"Just Tim please, and it's like any other high school. Just be sure not to go around and mess with the wrong crowds."

"Right," Sara mumbles.

The afternoon passed at a snails pace. With each period time seemed slower and slower. By lunch she was too exhausted to stand in line to buy anything.

"Hi, you must be the new kid." Sara raises her head only to come eye to eye with another boy around her age. His hair looked like gold framing a beautiful and strong face. His eyes were a soft blue as he smiled, shining under the sunlight. His body was slim and elegant for a guy, yet strong. But none the less he looked like a god-sent angel. Immediately, Sara felt relaxed as she looked upon him a longing stare.

"H-hi," she stutters. He smiles, making Sara's heart melt.

"I'm Aden Hughes, Vice president of the student council." He reaches out his hand and Sara shakes it. "Sorry, I didn't get to meet you this morning. I was busy with other things."

"That's okay," Sara chuckles nervously blushing at the touch of their hands. Time flew as they talked. he had told her what he did as vice-pres at school and who he was according to others. All in all he was charming. But the entire time Sara could feel eyes burning onto the back of her neck from most of the female body around her. Then the bell rang.

"Well, see ya around then, Sara. It was nice meeting you."

"You too, Aden." He waves, Sara waves back. For a moment she felt her heart stop and the world around her flew by. For the rest of the day she payed no attention to teachers or the people around her. She only dreamed of Aden's face, smiling at the single thought of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere in a city far from Gotham's dark reaches is another city brighter and vibrant with color even at the dead of night. Evil held no hold here, at least not without the fear of being taken away by a certain superhero. In a tower-like building in the middle of the city a man sits at the highest floor in his own personal office. In darkness he looks out at the city below and sneers at its light. He picks up his phone, calls a recent number, and waits. On the other line comes a click from the phone being picked up. "Hello?"

"Is it done?"

"Yes. No problems."

"Good. Move on to the next step. We proceed with this as quickly as possible."

"Yes sir."

"Make no mistakes, understand?"

"Yes."

He hangs up. Sighs as he sat back in his large leather armchair, smirking. Soon, he thought, soon the world will know me, and power shall be mine.