Ninety One |

Ninety One |

We stayed at the tower for two days and one night. Two days and one night that Sebastian didn't show up. Two days and one night I came to realize Lisa might have a crush on the new friend. Two days for me to realize Sebastian was not coming.

"We need to go today," I said as the sun began to set yet again.

Lisa paused from where she had been watching Oliver make arrows.

"Go where?" she asked curiously, "Shit, what is our next move?"

I grew silent. We wouldn't go anywhere, it would just put everyone in danger and yet I knew we weren't ready to face Maxwell. Slowly, I pulled out my father's book. Zero wanted to destroy this because of the knowledge it held. I hummed slowly, flipping over to a page Zero had flagged. My eyes widened, I knew this page!

Isle of Paradise. Bio-Gen's location, I had taken a brief trip there. It is closed off, they say the island is radioactive but this is not true. This is so they can work out of the eyes of anyone. They have a full village there, they've started building walls. Something is coming. I am suspicious. They are making this island fully self-serving. Why?

That's right, Bio-Gen had been the ones to really make the virus. My dad and Maxwell were simply their workers. That island, if it was self-serving back then, and it was so prepared for all of this, that meant that maybe they'd be the safest place to go. If that was true, that meant it was untouched by even Maxwell.

I gasped loudly.

"Mira?" Lisa asked curiously.

Could it be Maxwell feared that place?

"Then it's settled!" I laughed in delight, "We'll go to the island! Fuck you Maxwell!"

"An island?" Oliver asked.

I nodded, "You probably haven't heard of it, it was basically created by Bio-Gen. Oh, that was the people who were behind creating the cure, and the curse."

He tilted his head, those bright blue eyes peering from behind the skull, "Bio-Gen?"

"Have you heard of Eric Maxwell?" Lisa asked him.

Oliver was silent for a moment.

"I guess this is a lot to take in," I hummed softly.

"Ophelia."

We looked at him, "Huh?"

"Ophelia was taken by the tin men," he said quietly.

My hope deflated. Of course, what the hell was I thinking? If Maxwell was afraid of these people it must be for a reason. They were the ones who requested the end of the world after all. I sighed, and yet it was our best option against Maxwell. The question was, was it worth fight fire with fire?

"Do you want to talk about it?" Lisa asked him, placing her hand on his knee.

He paused, the skull moving to face Lisa, "Talk about what?"

"Ophelia," I cut in, "Wait, I know that name. Why do I know that name?"

He stood suddenly, "One. Shall I begin packing for our travel?"

I paused, one?

"Do you need help?" Lisa asked.

Oliver blinked down at her, "No."