One Hundred Nineteen |

A cold chill fell over my skin. Every fiber of my being screamed red flag.

"It's a coincidence," I muttered.

You're in danger here, Zero told me.

My eyes widened, and I knew she was right. Those words I head before.

"She's not going to be happy to see me."

It had been Barron. My heart slammed loudly against my ribs, and I felt utter panic fill me. The white hot rage and fear pumping through my blood like pure fire. This man was in league with Barron—he was in league with Maxwell. I wasn't safe here, and I wasn't save at the island. My breathe caught, my fingers seeking my locks and I pulled roughly. There was no end to any of this, there was no place I was truly safe, and there was no place anyone wanted me.

I could feel Zero reaching for me, That's not true, Mira—

I let out a moan of agony.

Worthless. I was utterly worthless.

I panted air, my lungs burning like it wasn't enough. My fingers moved over my arms, my nails scrapping against my bare skin. The pain reminding me of the life I was trapped in. I gritted my teeth, my mind sinking into a black hole. I couldn't—I couldn't—

"I'm gonna be worrying about you the entire time."

My breath hesitated. Zero was forcing memories to my attention.

"Damn it love, I'm going to miss you so fucking much."

            I bit my lip, looking up at him with glossy eyes, I needed to tell him, I needed him to hear me say it out loud and yet I struggled, "Sebastian I-I--"

            "I know," he smiled, "I know love."

            A frown pulled onto my lips, "Shut up."

            His eyes widened in surprise, "Love?"

            "I love you Sebastian," I blurt, demanding my doubts to stop controlling me, "I love you. S-So please just wait for me to come back, and please just--"

            I didn't get to finish my sentence before his lips pressed to mine. I gasped softly, my eyes fluttering closed as pleasure and love filled me. My entire body warmed and for a moment, it was only us. No, this feeling was something more than that. This feeling reminded me that there was always us despite not being only us. Ever since the first time I meet him, it had always been us, our love that slowly built like a small flame that kept growing until it devoured us, leaving behind nothing but warm ashes. I leaned into him on my tippy toes, my fingers reaching up to grab the sides of his face and I deepened the kiss. His hands held onto the small of my back, and then there was a loud cough. We broke apart, our eyes lingering on each other and I smiled brightly—so did he.

            I inhaled deeply, my eyes shutting and I froze.

            "Bitch," Lisa grunted, her smirk melting, "if you look at me with those sad eyes I'm going to slap you. I'm good, I'm all healed and ready for your orders."

            I smiled at that, hugging her, "I missed you."

            She hugged me back tightly, her cheek resting on mine, "I missed you too."

            My heart calmed.

            "Owl trusts you, not him," Oliver stated, his hand moving from his blade.