Thirty Five |

Thirty Five |

When my eyes peeled open I first realized I could move. When I realized I could move, I was back in the world of the strange woman who looked like me. My eyes looked up to the sky – instead of the once clear blue, the sky was now streaked with angry, rogue streaks mixed with soft black clouds.

No.

Not clouds...but many, many tiny rose buds.

Tiny black petals rained gently down around me. I stretched my palm upwards, catching a petal in my hand however, as it touched my flesh its solid form melted into a thick, inky substance. A gasp flew from my lips as I panicked slightly and moved my hand to wipe it off on my attire.

It was only then did I pause and notice my strange attire – I wore a long, gown. It had tight lace sleeves, with a sweetheart neckline that dipped down into a tight corset. The corset then flares out into a long skirt that dragged against the soft, grass beneath my feet.

I was used to the strange outfit changes in this strange sub-conscious nor the fact that my feet bare. However, this time I was confused by the soft, white colour of the dress – like I was wearing a wedding gown. I brought my hand up to my hair and sure enough, my hair had been styled in a long, fishtail braid with a pulled back lace veil.

I was dressed as a bride!

"Dum, dum da dum. Dum, dum da dum," the drawled out of pitch hum was very mocking, making me turn on my feet.

My eyes widened as I saw her – dressed the same as me only bright red stains decorated her gown and her veil was in front of her face – ripped immensely. She continued her humming as she moved slowly towards me. Her green eyes practically glowed at a higher intensity than the stains on her dress and her short brown locks seemed to be beyond the help of any brush.

I looked down at my arms, they were pale – so pale they looked as white as paper, with dark black veins. I dared say it but I looked like a zombie bride – minus the mess and destroyed outfit. My eyes drifted back to my look-a-like, she stood inches away from me now and her little song had stopped.

"I haven't seen you in so long, I thought I was just lucky," I said hoping my voice didn't shake.

She grinned – the facial distortion sent shivers down my spine, "Oh Erin, there is nothing lucky about you. Not since the day you were born. You never learn your lesson – do you? What will it take for you to finally acknowledge what you are?"

"And what do you think I am?" I hissed, taking a step back.

She took a step towards me, moving to grab my chin harshly, she leaned forward until her lips were inches away from mine. I froze – she took this opportunity to pull her arms around me. Her grip was tight and firm, she hugged me but with a hidden intent.

Her breath tickled my ear as she spoke, "We both know who you are Erin."

I cried out, shoving her away from me and backing up. Something about her words...unsettled me greatly. I stumbled backwards – tripping over the hem of the dress' skirt then falling on my butt. She placed her bare foot on my chest but didn't push me.

Instead she grinned, "You are a monster. THE monster. The one who rose in a peaceful world and destroyed everything. You can blame Eric Maxwell all you want but we both know who was really at fault. Your blood – you. Tell me, when will you be true to yourself? When will you start to fight in the world that was meant for you and you alone?"