Old Acquaintances

Heya guys, this is the fourth chapter of Secret Malfoy... I hope you enjoy it and remember to tell me what you think by reading and then reviewing xxxx :)

Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy >>>

OLD ACQUAINTANCES

"Good morning Mrs Potter" Draco said as he invited the red-head into his office. He offered her a seat in front of his desk before sitting down opposite her.

"Good morning Mr Malfoy"

"How has your day been so far?" he asked, making light conversation as he searched for her application. He knew it was around here somewhere, he loved Caroline but she wasn't much organised. That was why he needed a new PA.

"Fine, if not slightly queer, I wasn't expecting your company to have computers"

He laughed at her statement before looking up at her nervous face, he smiled, not a smirk but a real smile, before replying "Well, that would be my wife's fault"

"Your wife"

"Yes, you see, she wanted to open the company to people of her own kind. Which meant adding computers"

"Your wife is muggle born"

"Of course, you didn't expect me to marry a stuck up pureblood did you?" he asked before realising his mistake "No offence to you of course" he saved before fishing her application from under a pile of papers he had been meaning to check through. He looked at the sheet in front of him before looking at Ginny. "You seem very enthusiastic about the job"

"I am Mr Malfoy..."

"Please, call me Draco" he interrupted

"I am, Draco" Ginny corrected herself before smiling "I have been working in Quidditch since I left Hogwarts and I really want a change. I'm organised and I'm desperate to go up in the world, this job might help me along the way"

"Well you certainly seem determined" he said before checking her application. It sure was better than any of the others, and he hadn't planned anymore interviews yet. Hermione seemed thrilled with the idea of working with Ginny and it would make him happy to see her happy. He smiled at Ginny before standing up.

"Well then, I guess we'll see you tomorrow at nine sharp" he said proudly and Ginny looked taken aback, she had expected this interview to be easy, but not this easy. She shook his outstretched hand before nodding.

"Of course Mr Malfoy..."

"Draco" he corrected again and she nodded before leaving the office happily. She checked the clock on the wall to see it was ten to twelve. She would have just enough time to ring Harry before finding Victoire to go to lunch with her. She hadn't spent any quality time with her oldest niece since she was at least fifteen. Today would be a good day.

Harry was just looking through a few more papers on lost cases when his phone rang. He picked it up and spoke directly into the phone "Hello, this is Harry Potter speaking, how can I help you?"

"HARRY, I GOT THE JOB" Ginny yelled down the receiver, meaning that Harry had to push the phone away from his ear while she shrieked.

"Gin, that's great"

"Yeah, and you'll never guess what happened?"

"What happened?" he said sighing, any sentence that his wife started with 'you'll never guess what happened' was sure to be a long one.

"I met Mrs Malfoy, and her name was Hermione"

Harry's breath caught in his throat, he hadn't heard that name since their friend Hermione Granger had left eighteen years ago because she had cheated on Ron with another man. Or that's what he had told them anyway. Hermione had walked into the Auror office the day after the break and had given in her resignation. Harry was so unhappy to see his old friend walk away but knew that Ron's story was probably true so he left it alone. The Weasley's and the Potter's had later come to forget her.