Chapter One- Meet the Midoriya's

(Word Count: 1557)

(Izuku POV)

Hi! I'm Izuku Midoriya, nice to meet you. your probably a bit confused on how or why I'm talking to you right now. Well- in truth, I'm just rambling on in my head as usual. I dont actually expect to have anybody be listening. Who would want to listen to the depressed useless quirkless kid?

In reality I'm just talking to myself in hopes of feeling a bit less lonely considering nobody likes me anymore- not that I blame them! I am pretty useless. This is just the way things are meant to be.

Well.. since I'm not really doing anything right now but sitting in class listening to the teacher ramble on about things I don't care enough to listen to. Might as well tell you a bit about myself, ready to hear my tragic anime backstory......? No? To bad! I'm gonna tell you anyway!

It all started when my Mother and my Father decided to not use protection when they were- Actually... let's skip past that part a bit. How about I start at the ripe age of four. I was super excited because it was my birthday! I remember clearly that I had ran into my parents room at the crack of dawn, I was so excited I just couldn't wait another second.

"Mom! Dad! Can we go to the quirk doctor now? It's morning already! Wake up!" Squealed a cute little broccoli boy who was now jumping on his mother and father's bed to wake them up. - yup! that adorable little boy is me! cute right? can't imagine how that little bundle of energy could have possibly turned into this mess of a teenager right? me neither to be honest -

Anyway, back to the story. My father swung his arm around sleepily grabbing the mini me and pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Five more minutes Izu. The appointment isn't for another four hours" He grumbled in an annoyed voice, but I could see the slight smirk of amusement he was trying to hide. My mother on the other side of the bed turned over to face us smiling.

"Good morning my little birthday boy! how about we let your father rest a bit longer and we go make crepes!" She said kissing my nose, getting up and shuffling out of the room and into the kitchen to get started.

I jumped out of the bed and ran after her, excited for crepes since they were my favorite breakfast food. Once we had finished making the food and ate it we got ready and left for the quirk doctor. The car ride was long and boring but I couldn't help but bounce in my seat in anticipation while my parents in the front seat laughed and spoke about what quirk their baby boy will have.

Over all things were going great. but merely an hour later- my whole world crumbled in a matter of seconds.

"I'm sorry, but he is quirkless."

"..."

"..."

"What?"

And that's when it happened. I was diagnosed quirkless. The doctor went on to explain that I had an extra joint in my pinky toe that only quirkless people had.. Thinking back on it now it kinda makes me laugh. Something as simple as an extra joint in my pinky toe ruined my whole life.

Oh well, no use in crying over spilt milk right? Anyway, after receiving the news we got back in the car, In silence. Rode home, In silence. And went back inside, In silence. Me, being so young, didn't really understand what was happening. I was quirkless? What did that mean? Was I... Different? Were Mother and Father mad at me? Was that why they were so quiet?

I didn't know what to do, so I approached my mother and tugged lightly on the hem of her skirt to get her attention. She looked over to me, and I dont think I will ever be able to forget the look on her face. It was a mixture of sadness, pity, fear, and some other emotion I couldn't quit figure out.

My mother had asked me to go to my room for a while and so I did, not wanting to disobey her and make her more sad. I closed the door behind me softly as I entered my room, and sat down to think about what had just happened in the last two hours.

I was jolted out of my thoughts when I heard yelling from in the living room, I couldn't quite hear what they were saying but I could guess it was about me. Did I do something bad? Was that why mother had that look on her face?

"NO! PLEASE! I PROMISE WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS! PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!" I heard my mother scream. My father yelled something in response but I couldn't tell what it was. I then heard stomping that I could only guess was from my father as he walked around the house.

There were other various loud thumps and crashes and then some more shouting, and finally a slam from the front door. I was scared, and didn't know what happened, but I stayed firmly planted in my room as my mother had told me to. I strained to listen for any more sounds, but there was nothing.

Finally after almost ten minutes, my door creaked open, and my mother's head popped inside. she opened the door fully and walked in sitting on the ground in front of where I had decided to sit while I waited.

"Mom? where's Daddy?" I asked softly. The look on my mother's face was fragile, enough to make me scared that if I spoke to loud she would fall apart. She smiled at me as a tear ran down her face.

"Daddy has gone away for a while." She simply said, as if it had been any other time father had left for a business trip, as if in three to four days I would wake up to him making pancakes like I always would after he had returned from a trip.

"When will he be back?" I asked. He must be gone for a while if mommy is crying, I had thought to myself, not fully understanding what exactly was happening.

"Not for a long, long time dear." She said, letting another few tears run down her face. I was starting to get scared. Had I dont this? Had I done something to make father leave us?

"Is it my fault?" I asked, looking to the ground, scared to meet her eyes.

"No honey, it's not your fault, dont worry about it" Mother had said, leaning forward and wrapping her arms around me in what was probably meant to be a warm and comforting embrace. But my mother's sudden intense sobbing gave it quite the opposite effect.

After that we had sat on my bedroom floor for hours, me hugging her back as she sobbed into me. I didn't know what I did to make father leave, but I knew it must have been my fault, so I would sit here and let her cry on me for as long as it took.

The next day when I had told Kacchan what had happened, expecting him to keep a secret since he was my best friend, he had went ahead and told everyone in our class. Nobody liked me anymore because I was quirkless, and they all said it was definitely my fault that my father had left.

I know mother was having a hard time with things too. I would sometimes hear her crying in her room at night when I would get up to go to the bathroom. She would cry about how the other mothers would talk behind her back, and no longer wanted to be friends with her.

I guess mother and I were having similar problems, I was also starting to be bullied by the other kids in class. I decided it would be best if I didn't tell her what was happening at school, it was already my fault she had lost her friends to begin with, what right did I have to complain?

The years went by, Kacchan bullied and beat me everyday, getting more and more brutal with each passing week. I also noticed mother act weird sometimes, she would go into her room for a while and when I would go to check on her she would have a little box sitting next to her, and she would be in a daze as if she were sleeping with her eyes open.

I was always scared when mother would take out her box. I didn't know what was in it but I knew it wasn't good, and soon I would find out just how not good it was.

UPDATE- Currently rereading all my chapters and editing them/fixing them up a bit. Will finally get back to writing again. Check the update post after chapter 9 for more information.

Hello,

The whole story isn't going to be written exactly like this, it will be a bit more switchy with the POV's and such, but for this chapter and the next it will remain as his perspective as he is recounting the events of his childhood. These first two chapters are more or less just brief recaps of certain big events of his childhood that are important for the story right now. Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

WATW