Chapter Five - Katsudon, Blood, and a New Friend

(Word Count: 3409)

(Izuku's POV)

Walking home from the radio station, I was pretty tired from all the excitement of the day so I couldn't wait to get into my bed and sleep. I opened the door and walked inside, making my way towards the hall, expecting my father to still be sleeping on the couch.

What I wasn't expecting, was to have a hand latch onto my hair and yank me backwards to the floor. When I looked up to see my attacker my eyes immediately widened in pure fear. Standing over me was my father Hisashi, holding a blade in his hand.

"F-father, I'm sorry if I disturbed you, p-please can I go to my room" I begged, but my father just glared down at me and lunged forward after a few seconds. I felt a hot stinging sensation from my cheek as the blade made its way across my soft skin, slitting it easily.

I knew better than to show any sign that I was in pain, so I bit my tongue to stop from crying out at the unwanted feeling. All the happiness I had earlier was now gone in a matter of seconds.

"What have you been doing all day, boy!" Hisashi yelled, landing a hard smack across my face. I put my hand up to my stinging cheek and tried to hold back tears.

"I-I was just out doing work" I lied, hoping he would believe me.

"Dont lie to me! you dont work on Fridays!" He said aiming for another hit. I jumped back, leaning against the wall for support. I held up my arms in front of me to protect myself, but he decided to use the blade and slashed aimlessly at my arms instead.

He grabbed a bottle from the counter next to him and raised it threateningly.

"Isn't it your job to clean the house! why are there still bottles on the table? HUH?" He screamed at me, I peeked out from behind my now bloody arms to see him smash the end of the bottle on the corner of the counter, successfully breaking it in half.

He then turned back to me with the broken bottle in hand and swung it at me, barely missing me in his slightly intoxicated state. Once he had regained himself again he took another swing hitting me right across the head before I could lift my arms again to take the blunt of the attack.

He threw the bottle onto the ground shattering it more and began to walk towards the front door.

"This better be cleaned up by the time I get back tomorrow! or I'll kill you!" He said before slamming the door.

I slid to the floor cowering behind my arms, tucking my legs up so my head could rest on my knees. I felt a warm liquid drip down the side of my face, assuming it was tears I went to wipe it away, but when I pulled my hand back I found blood instead of the clear liquid I had been expecting.

Only now was the adrenaline wearing off, making me feel more of the pain than I already had been feeling. I leaned forward and grabbed a piece of glass from the floors, raising it to my non dominant wrist I slit more cuts onto the once smooth clear skin.

1 cut

2 cuts

4 cuts

8...

Once fully satisfied with the damage I had done to myself I dropped the piece of glass back onto the floor and got up to go get the broom to start cleaning. In the middle of dumping the bloodied glass into the garbage bin I heard a knock at the door.

Who the hell could that be? I set my cleaning supplies down and walked (Accidentally wrote 'wanked instead of 'walked the first time-) over to the door, I opened it making sure my body blocked any view of the inside of the house and kept my arms out of sight behind the door and wall on either side of me.