The Zane family

"There is only in Africa that can fit your description. The Zane family. The ruler of Africa's underworld." Mercy started.

"Zane family can be called a hidden family. Their businesses are all illegal. The police knows it. The government knows it. But no one can touch them. Their connections run deep into the system. Forget Africa, even many political parties of Europe have connections with them.

Africa is a place with too much resources with too little opportunities. As such, they control half of Africa's economy. Their business varies from blood diamond to illegal ammunition business to money laundering.

The current patriarch and leader of the family is in his late 50's and has three wives and over a dozen mistresses and had one night stands with more women than anyone could count. Women are like clothes for him. He changes them every single day… even when he has half his foot in the coffin." The last part was said in a mocking tone.

"Needless to say, he has more children than he can count, I doubt he even knows about all of them or even care. However, he only considers his legitimate children as his own which includes three sons and two daughter. Eldest son Ekon  and daughter Ada are born from the first wife, Elana. Second wife has one son, Adeben and from third wife he has the youngest son Jafari and youngest daughter Daliah." Mercy gave a brief history of the family. She couldn't be more clear about the Zane family. In fact, she knew quite a lot. However they have never met in this life before.

Bailey's hands formed into fist so tight, it turned pale when she heard a few of the names. Her playful eyes turned maniacal when she recognised some of them.

"Tell me more." Rose said.

"Didn't I already give his whole family history?" Mercy asked amused.

"Say that to people who don't know you Mercy. One meeting and you can tell about the entire family history. What do you think about them. How is their relationship? Where are the cracks? Where is their weak point?" Rose asked impatiently.

Mercy chuckled as she rubbed her nose. This woman knows her quite too well. "The first wife is not very happy with her husband. In fact, she has been living separately from her husband with for almost twelve years now. My guesses, something major happened then. Even her daughter was effected. She went into deep depression just about that time. Rumor has it that even in her sleep she begs some 'Bee' to forgive her. In fact, both mother daughter wanted to become nuns but the patriarch, Fabumi disagreed. You see, he likes his eldest son quite to much. He thinks Ekon will his best successor." Mercy explained.

A drop of tear came out of Bailey's eyes when she heard those words as her thoughts got complicated as she thought about the sweet and cheerful girl who would run around her and chat nonstop about this and that. She hated her for not helping, despite knowing that she could not have done anything then. It was unreasonable so she decided to just ignore it. But Ada was her best friend at one point of time. To hear that she had been in such a hard place for so long, she wasn't one bit relieved about it.

Once again she chuckled at how twisted she has become. Loving and hating the same person at the same time.

"What does Ekon being his successor has to do with her mother and sister?" Bailey asked. She had some impression of the person, not too deep and not too good. He was by her impression an indifferent guy who doesn't give a damn about others.

"You see, Ekon is an indifferent guy. Ice cold from the core. He doesn't care about anyone. Not even his own father. The only exception are the two women, his sister and mother. The only way Fabumi could control him is by controlling the two women. Unfortunately for him, despite marrying him for three decades, his first wife never really loved him. Nor did she ever loved the luxury he provided her. She is one of those very few people who is content in having her basic needs fulfilled. Whatever happened twelve years ago was enough to make want to leave her husband. Of course, just because she wants to leave doesn't mean Fabumi will let her. You see, that man can literally go to any lengths to get what he wants. The more his wife resisted, the more he became ruthless. But his wife was a bit to stubborn. She would rather die than bow down to him.

In the end he had to take a step back. Right now his wife was living separately but under his constant surveillance. Ekon has to follow his father because of that." Mercy explained.

"What about Fabumi's third wife?" Bailey asked, barely keeping her voice under control.

"Same old, same old. The third wife is the most beloved by the patriarch. She wants her son to become the successor. So she is quite displeased by the patriarch's behaviour with the brothers. Jafari too is eager to make their father like him instead of Ekon but he could never outshine Ekon in anything. In short, he has ambition but no skill. So you know, the usual family struggle for property." Mercy explained.

"Okay, we understand." Rose said. "But how do you know so much about them? As far as I know, Donavon Corp has no interaction with Africa's underworld. And you seem to know about everything about them."

"You have your secrets love, I have mine. I too will appreciate if you don't try to get into mine. Alright that's all I know, bye."  Mercy ended the call. She couldn't possibly tell them everything. But she had this feeling in her guts. The Brown family is going to wreak a havoc on the Zane family.

As for her, she was happy to watch the show which she knew is going to he more interesting than any TV dramas.