18. Party gone wrong

'Congratulations Mr. Veeranshu Singhania'.

Veer turned away from Tapish, who was hugging him to congratulate on becoming the owner of AV industries, and looked at the unwanted guest and his rival.

Shakura Parikh!

(A/N: kiss kiss ka prediction sahi nikla?)

V: Kura!...mtlb Shakura..sorry..the two names are just too same. How are you? Aise bina bulaye aa gaye?..For free food I guess, din acche nahi jaa rahe kya Parikh group ke?

Veer laughed. To a stranger, it might look like he was joking. But Bani looked up at Veer, his words sounded strange. She observed the look in his eyes and realized that he was angry. His friendly banter was just a cover up. She sized up the man in front of them. He was good looking, not as much as Veer according to her. But, something about his vibe was off. She sensed bad blood between the two.

S: Uninvited to tu aata hai, vo bhi board meetings me...I am a guest.

V: And who invited you?

They noticed a young girl approach Shakura. She was the daughter of a leading builder and ran her own company. She was dating Shakura at the moment and had invited him as her plus one. Veer clenched his fists.

V: Shukla! Next time se is builder ke parivar ko invite nahi jayega.

Bani kept a comforting hand on his shoulder and Veer calmed down a little. Balwant saw this and felt happy.

Bal: It was a right decision to marry them...agar tum hoti to tum bhi yahi kehti Avni...(He starts to remembers Veer's birth mom)

Their sweet gesture was also observed by another pair of jealous eyes.

...........................

Veer had gone to the washroom while Bani stood by the bar and drank some juice.

S: hot!

Bani turned to see Shakura, studying her from top to bottom.

B: Excuse me?

S: Hi!..I said Hi. Shakura here..

B: Hello..Bani Veeranshu Singhania...

S: Uff, uska naam lekr mood hi off kr diya..

B: Unke naam se mood off hota hai and still you are in his house at his function....strange?

Shakura eyes widened at the girl. She was brutally honest. He liked that about her. There was also her beautiful face that was very endearing. The song changed and Shakura asked her for a dance.

Meanwhile, Veer was heading out from the washroom when Chandini stumbled into his arms.

V: chandini (makes her stand)

He was leaving when she again grabbed his hands.

C: Why Veer? Why? Why did you marry that behenji...she doesn't deserve you..That witch!

V: Zaban sambhal kr chandini!

C: Nahi...mai...You should be mine Veer. I have liked you for so long, loved you and this house deserves a princess like me, not a toad like her.

Veer was going to retaliate when Chandrakala pulled Chandini.

Ch: sorry beta, tum apna function enjoy karo. Isse mai samjhati hoon...

Veer shot them a look and left. He was trying to calm himself when another blood boiling scene opened up to him. Shakura was trying to talk to Bani when she was clearly uncomfortable.He stalked towards the two and snatched Bani off his arms. Bani sighed in relief and melted in his arms.