Suspicion

That evening Jade and her mom are watching the 8 o'clock news together on the tv. The headlines are of course the attack on the villa and it's also the first subject of the news. Jade, who is now 13 years old, is now more understanding of what happens around the world, and seems to be very interested in what happened there. "Wow, that's very close by", Samantha says as she hears the location of the villa. Jade nods while watching with a lot of interest. On the tv the interview between the commander and the journalist is being shown. Samantha looks shocked at the tv as the camera man shows around the place where many soldiers are ready to move in. "The army didn't have to move out since the war", she says, rather surprised at her own words that something this big happened so close by today. Jade simply nods as she sits at the edge of the couch, that interested if something would happen.

Samantha grins jokily at Jade "You didn't see the live stream? I'm sure this was send out". "I was with Frela mom, we didn't have time", she replies to her mom, but then remembers something today. Jarvis, the program she made herself over the years, and is still expanding on, said something today while they were doing tests with the helmet "There is a big happening nearby, stay safe". Both girls just shrugged it off since Frela's parents didn't come with some kind of warning.

"Jarvis said something about a big happening nearby", Jade says, "We were doing tests and he just said it out of nowhere". "Jarvis that program you made?", the blond woman asks. Jade nods and is about to say something when E258A appears on the tv, not long after the squad of soldiers moved out. There's a lot of chaos in the journalists who want to ask the little girl all kinds of questions, but the girl doesn't give attention to them and walks off to the side, quickly out of sight of the camera's.
The young blond girl didn't see the little 6 year old girl long, but she reminds her of someone she saw before. She gets up, picks up her tablet and looks up pictures of the little girl. "Jade what are you doing?", her mom asks. Jade keeps looking and scrolling to all the pictures she can find "Just checking something mom". Samantha looks over her shoulder, at het daughter "What are you looking for?". "Pictures of that girl", Jade replies, very determined to find out where she saw her before. "Why? What is it with that girl?", Jade's mother asks her daughter confused. Jade continues looking at the pictures wanting to figure it out "I think I saw her before, I want to find out more". Samantha thinks for a bit if she might've seen the girl before, but she doesn't remember "How about you go to your room to think?". Jade nods in agreement "Good idea". "Moms always have good ideas", Samantha says with a chuckle. Jade smiles "Thanks mom, you're the best", she says as she runs upstairs.

In Jade's room a few minutes later she has her tablet put on her desk next to the helmet which is almost done. The teen girl is pacing around her room to think. She has found out this helps her focus and think better for these kinds of situations. Her mom of course knows about this and allows her daughter to go to pace in her room to think when she normally won't be allowed to, like when it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, or in this case, when watching the news. Jade's always very determined to find things out, it motivates her to find what she needs or to think.
Jade looks at the helmet for a bit and decides to press a button on the side turning it on. "Jarvis?", she says, knowing he will respond. "Yes Jade, how can I help you?", a robotic sound says which comes from the helmet. "What can you find on the girl from the attack of today?", Jade asks Jarvis. Jarvis responds by activating a small projector from the helmets forehead, which projects all he can find on the young dual haired girl "This is all I can find on her, for all I know, she's a ghost on the internet". Jade looks at it before asking "Show me the highest resolution image of her". "As you wish", Jarvis says as the highest resolution picture appears on the screen, an 8k picture which isn't too uncommon in this time.

Jade looks at it as she continues pacing again "I'm sure I saw her before...", she says with a little fear in her voice, afraid she might be going crazy over this. Then it hits her, it was the girl her dad saved that one time she was at his job over 6 years ago. She always wondered what happened to the baby and now she might find out more. "Jarvis do you have any idea where she went?", Jade asks curiously. "This is all I can find", Jarvis says as he shows a map on the projection with a route from the villa stopping at a corner on the street. Jade looks at the projection "This is all?". "This is all what I could find on the route looking from all angles, after that corner I cannot know where she went", Jarvis replies to his creator. Jade sighs in disappointment "Okay, thanks for your help anyway...". Jarvis turns the projection off "You're welcome". Jade walks over to the helmet and presses the button again to turn it off.
Jade's happy she found this out, but is also disappointed it's not a lot. She decides to tell her mom anyway and walks out of the room, back to the living room where the news just wrapped up.