𝟭𝟬

𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙚𝙬𝙞𝙨
"Oi," Freezy complained as he walked into the kitchen. I was sat at the counter, bowl of cereal in front of me, phone on the counter. "Who had a Mcdonald's last night?"

"Me and Iris," I mumbled, a mouthful of cereal blocking my words slightly. Freezy scoffed, turning from the fridge to scowl at me. "What?"

"What the fucks up with that?" He asked me. "A date or something? Could've got me some."

"Mate she was drunk, I picked her up and she fancied a Mcdonald's," I shrugged. "Not that deep."

"You're fucked, i'll remember that," Freezy spoke, slamming the fridge door shut. He placed his hands on the counter in front of me, looking across.

"You were snoring into the couch when I got back," I huffed, pointing a finger towards the couch- his messy blankets from the night before sprawled across it. "You'd have got a few nuggets if you weren't so fucking lazy."

"Who ate the nuggets?" He asked me, looking towards the pile of rubbish sitting by the door, ready to be taken to the bigger bins.

"Me."

"And you have the nerve to call everyone else a gannet?" He stressed. "Fumin'-"

"Hardly mate," I hummed a laugh, spoon stirring around the milk in the bottom of the bowl. "There were three left- you'd have been even more fuming if I woke you up for three nuggets."

Cal raised a brow at me, tapping the counter in a rhythm with his fingers.

"Whatever."

I only huffed, finishing off the cereal in the bowl. When I stood, making my way to the sink, Cal turned to face me, his stare burning holes into the back of my head.

"What?" I asked, turning to face him as I wiped my hands on a tea towel. Freezy shrugged, "Why're you staring at me?"

"No reason," He spoke.

"Alright."

But his stare continued as I began to make my way to my bedroom. So I stopped, leaning against the door frame.

"Seriously mate," I started with a weak laugh. "What the fuck's up with you?"

"Are you and Iris like a thing-" he started to ask, but I cut him off with a swift shake of the head.

"No."

"I dunno brother," he started again. "You two seem a bit more friendly than normal. I mean, she asked you to pick her up, drunk, from a friend's house- surely that's something."

"Nah," I shook my head. "Anyway, it's a good job considering you were snoring away."

"And what about her brother?"

"What about him?"

"He could've picked her up," he shrugged.

"What? Are you jealous or something?" I laughed, the boy raising a brow at my question, as if to ask why Id even asked that. "Listen, she was pissed and I picked her up, we got food. Big deal."

"Alright then," he muttered. "Still not impressed that you didn't get me anything."

I nodded with a stiff smile, turning to finally head back to my room.

-

"Why's Cal in an awful mood with me?" Iris huffed as she dragged herself into the lounge. Lux was by the front door, pulling on a pair of trainers, myself laying across the sofa with a packet of crisps by my side.

"Jealous because he didn't get a Mcdonald's," Lux laughed, pointing towards Iris. "How dare you both get food without him?"

I flipped him off, scooting myself further up the sofa when Iris slumped herself on my feet. "Ow."

"Move then," She sassed, covering her legs with a blanket she brought from her bedroom.

"Piss off," I scoffed. "My bloody sofa, go back to bed." Lux huffed, keys jingling in his hands.

"I'm off," he spoke up, Iris waving him off while I turned to face him. "Don't be up to anything while I'm not here."

"Ew," Iris muttered, glancing at him quickly with a disgusted look on her face. "No."

I gasped, Lux letting out a quiet laugh. "Harry's a good looking lad Iris, what's up with him?"

"Everything," she replied, looking between us both. "One being he's your bestfriend- you're my brother. That's just weird."

Humming, I watched as Lux raised his eyebrows at his sister. She only scowled, pulling her blanket further up, making sure it covered half of her face now- slightly red from a blush.

"Lux we might just have to have a row mate," I shrugged.

"Yeah, it shouldn't be too much of a problem for her then," he joked back, Iris sighing and pulling the blanket over her full face now. "We're joking Ris, Harry wouldn't anyway- would you Harry?"

"Nah mate," I shook my head, giving Iris's thigh a small pat with the heel of my foot. "Not got to worry about that."

Before it could be left at that, with Lux getting ready to leave the flat, Iris pulled the blanket down.

"And what's wrong with me?"

I looked at Lux for help, the boy only shrugging with a smirk, head nodding as if urging me to answer the girl.

"Er- nothings wrong with you. Apart from what you said, he's your brother, he's my best mate- weird." I repeated her words, a hand coming to scratch my chest.

Lux snickered, saying a final goodbye- leaving the two of us in a slightly awkward silence, nothing but the TV playing in the background.