Chapter 2: vacation

Hailey's POV
I woke up, rubbing my eyes and sat up. My eyes darted towards the clock, it was 9AM, Jake must have already gotten up as it was only me on the couch.
"Look who finally decided to wake up~" I heard Jake chuckle, walking down the stairs.
"When did you wake up?" I asked, sleepily.
"A few hours ago, Piper couldn't sleep."
"If you need to go back to sleep I can stay awake just in case."
"Nah, I would much rather spend time with my beautiful girlfriend."
"Aw, well do you mind getting your 'beautiful' girlfriend some coffee? Or else you will be having a rough day."
"Of course, princess." He winked and walked into the kitchen, beginning to make the coffee.
I opened my phone and saw about a million texts from Zander..and one from...Drew?! I opened it, he was just saying hi but...who knows where he could go. I thought about keeping it a secret from Jake but, that wouldn't be healthy and I didn't want to hurt him.
"J-Jake," I muttered.
"Yes?" He replied, bringing my coffee over to the living room.
"D-Drew texted me." I stuttered, showing him the phone.
"Hailey, how can you be so perfect?" Jake smiled
"What?" I asked, confused.
"Not every girl would tell me about something like that. I know that I can trust you." He chuckled, hugging me.
"But, what do I do?"
"Just ignore it, princess."
"I love you" I smiled, sipping my coffee.
"I love me too." He smirked.
"You love yourself more than me?" I mumbled, pretending to be upset at him, he must have bought it because he looked concerned.
"No! I love you more than anything in the world!" He smiled, putting his hand on my cheek.
"Yeah I know," I laughed.
"How did I fall for that, AGAIN?!" He yelled, laughing as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zander's POV
I was texting Hailey like a hundred times! Where was she?! I decided to ask the group chat of anyone had seen her.
grape boi
Hey, does anyone know where Hailey is?
mr simp
yup shes with me
grape boi
Ugh, I should've guessed. She too blindly in love with you to realise you're an absolute douchebag.
music freak 🎶
hey! thats mean!
grape boi
just the truth
pink-haired devil
guys im bored can we go on vacation.
grape boi
Why the hell would we randomly go on vacation?
pink-haired devil
because we have no school for 2 weeks! Let's go to london!
peanut butter
i would like a break..
dj sean 😎
same, im down
music freak 🎶
so are me and Jake.
grape boi
okay..i guess so.
pink-haired devil
yay! ill buy the tickets! we leave tomorrow morning at 5AM!
music freak 🎶
5AM?!?
mr simp
but hailey and i were going to watch movies all night :(
grape boi
just watch some on the plane idiot.
mr simp
fineeee
pink haired devil
great! see you all tomorrow morning!

I shut my phone off, ran downstairs and grabbed a bag of potato chips. If we are leaving tomorrow, I better start packing. And no doubt I'll need to pack for Hailey as well. If only she wasn't so wound up in Jake all the time. She has missed all of our daily movie nights to spend time with him! I didn't want to say anything because deep down...I wanted my step-sister to be happy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day~
Jake's POV
"HAILEY! IT'S TIME TO GET UP, COME ON!"
"W-what?" she said sleepily, rubbing her eyes.
"It's 4:30AM! We need to meet the others at the airport! Our flight leaves at 6!" I exclaimed, putting my coat and shoes on.
"Just 5 more minutes, pleasee!"
"Aw, I wish I could because you look so adorable! But Zander will kill me if we're late. So come on!" I said, tugging at her arm.
"Noooo! I want to sleep!!" she cried.
"You can sleep in the taxi! Just get up!" I yelled, half laughing.
"2 minutes?"
"No minutes! Now get up or else~" I chuckled.
"Fine.." she muttered getting up and yawning.
"Are you really that tired?"
"Yes.." she mumbled, yawning again.
"Well how about I carry you? So you can sleep." I laughed.
"Really?" she asked.
"Yup," I said, picking her up bridal style.
"Goodnight princess~"
"Night, love you." she mumbled before drifting off to sleep.
"I love you to."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hailey's POV
:-at the airport-:

"What took you guys so long? It's nearly 5:30!" Zander exclaimed at Jake and I.
"Princess didn't want to get up." Jake said, winking at me. I could feel myself blushing uncontrollably.
"Honestly I believe you, Hailey loves her sleep."
I decided to go find Luke, Sean and Milly, who were buying a few treats for the plane.
"Hiya Hailey!" Milly said excitedly.
"Hi! I'm so excited to go to London!" I exclaimed happily, we both squealed.
"Hey Hailey." Luke and Sean both greeted.
'Attention, the flight A to London, England is now boarding.'
"Come on! Let's go!" Milly squealed, pulling me by the arm.
"Alright, Sean and Milly you will be sitting together. Jake and Hailey, and Zander is with me." Luke smiled, handing us our tickets.
"Why is Jake sitting with Hailey? I can't trust those two together..." Zander muttered.
"Zander, please can't we just have a peaceful plane ride?" Luke sighed.
"Ugh, fine. But, don't be doing anything...you know...'lovey dovey' with my sister." Zander said, sternly.
"She's the lovey dovey one! Not me!" Jake smirked.
I held Jake's hand as we boarded onto the plane, our seat was near the back, we were all pretty close together which was nice. I put my bad next to me and got ready for take off...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Still Hailey's POV)
"Jakeeee! Jakeee! JAKEE!!" I whined.
"What?" He replied.
"I'm boreddd, can you do something with me?" I begged, giving him puppy dog eyes.
"I just can't say no to you can I? What do you wanna do?"
"I uh- don't know." I chuckled.
"Well, let me know when you've thought of something." He sighed, putting his headphones back on. I rolled my eyes at him, then began to get Zander's attention (who was in front of us).
"Zander! Zander!" I whispered.
"Yes, Hailey?" He sighed, obviously annoyed.
"Why is everyone sighing at me today?" I mumbled.
"What do you want, Hailey." Zander replied.
"I just wanted to tell you...that Jake isn't being nice to me~" I whispered, smirking.
"Jake...remember what I said..."
"I-I didn't do anything! It's her that doesn't know what to do!"
"Hailey, just...talk to Jake or something. I'm busy. Stop acting like a toddler." Zander said, rolling his eyes.
"I wish I had a sibling closer to my age..." Jake chuckled.
"I am not acting like a toddler! Right?"
"Sure you aren't." He laughed.
"I'm gonna go on instagram." I mumbled.
"Don't be looking at other guys, okay?"
"Maybe I will~ since my own boyfriend won't do something with me." I teased.
"Okay fine! How about we play...truth or dare!"
"Sure, truth or dare?"
"Truth," Jake said.
"Wimp. Anyway, how many girls have you kissed?"
"Uh...including you?"
"Am I a girl?"
"Good point. Maybe like, 4 or 5.."
"Gosh, that's a lot..."
"They didn't really mean anything to me though...Alright, truth or dare?"
"Truth." I replied.
"And you call me a wimp! Anyways, how long have you liked me for?" Jake smirked.
"A few years.." I muttered.
"A FEW YEARS?!" Jake yelled, causing Zander to appear above the seat.
"Jake, do you mind? Luke and I are trying to sleep. Also, thanks for keeping the toddler occupied." Zander said.
"I- that's rude!" I exclaimed.
"Don't worry princess, I'm sure he doesn't mean it. But...have you really liked me that long?!"
"Yeah...that's why it hurt so much when you bullied Zander and I." I mumbled.
"I-I'm sorry.." He muttered, with a guilty look on his face.
"Hey, it's okay! Everyone makes mistakes! Besides, I love you more than anything now." I said, trying to cheer him up by hugging him.
"Your right, thanks Hailey."
I began to feel my eyes getting heavy, soon enough I was out cold on Jake's lap...
~~~~~~~~