Chapter Twelve: Jack the Ripper

(Y/N) P.O.V.

A day has passed since the Viscount's Ball and when we foiled his black market scheme. Not only have I been locked away in the shop, but Undertaker has been keeping an intense eye on me. He follows me around the shop and I do the same with him. We were sitting in the kitchen, Undertaker was organizing some of his paperwork, and I was drinking a cup of tea. Suddenly he stopped and held up a small envelope.

"It seems I've gotten some mail mixed with my paperwork, how silly of me," He said with a chuckle. "This is for you..." He handed me the letter and I opened it.

"Ah, it's from Ciel!" My eyes traced over the words and joy arose in my heart...

Sister,

How have you been? I hope you have been well. Things have been a bit quiet around the manor. Sebastian misses you terribly. It's a bit pathetic the way he mopes around the manor. I will admit is it quite entertaining, I've never seen anything quite like it. Now, to the reason, I've sent this to you. You know as well as I that Jack the Ripper is still at large. Our previous attempt to thwart him was a failure and we have but one option left. I want you to join me tonight in town. Meet me at the corner of Charles Street and Saint James. There we shall discuss our plans.

I folded the letter and gently placed it in my lap. I must find a way to meet him! Undertaker looked at me and rested his head on the table.

"So, what does the little lord want from you?"

"He wishes for me to join him for dinner this evening. He says that he and Sebastian miss my company and would like a chance to see me," I lied. He sat back upright and stood up.

"Well, I see no issue with at. Would you like me to join you?"

"No, that's not necessary," I quickly said. He shrugged his shoulders and walked out of the kitchen. I was a little surprised at this. He didn't even question me.

"Oh," He popped his head around the corner and looked at me. "Just be careful, you never know what's out there waiting for you. With that serial killer still on the loose, you have better keep an eye out..." He grinned before heading back over to his desk. I stood there for a moment and thought. Did he already read it? Does he know that I lied to him? I went to my room and sat on my bed. I began to think about tonight and what was to come...

****************************************

The clock rang and I looked out the window. The sun had completely set and the moon began to rise in its place. I quickly walked over to my wardrobe and grabbed a pair of black shoes. I slipped them on my feet and left my room. I walked down the stairs and toward the door.

"Be careful dear~" I turned around and saw Undertaker, who was still sitting at his desk, slightly waving to me. He had lit a few candles which softly filled the room. I waved goodbye to him and ran out the door. I walked down the now empty streets until I reached Saint James. I saw a figure leaning against the wall and I approached it.

"Ciel?" I whispered.

"Mistress? Is that you?" I smiled as Sebastian walked over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on top of mine. "Oh, how glad I am to see you! I've missed you terribly! Life just isn't the same since you've left. Please, won't you come back!"

"No, Sebastian. You know that it's no longer safe for her..." I looked to the side and saw Ciel walk over to us. "I'm glad that you were able to join us. I was almost certain that Undertaker would be opposed, seeing as now he keeps a close eye on you."

"Indeed," Sebastian said as he let go of me.

"Now, how should we begin?" I asked.

"Well, firstly we should-" Suddenly, a scream rang throughout the entire town. Ciel's eyes widened and he took off sprinting toward an alley.