1. The First Meeting

"Qabool hai (I accept), "

"Qabool hai (I accept),"

And that is how I sealed my fate.

_______________________________________

Hooriya's POV:

The scorching Karachi heat hits me hard as I exit the international arrivals gate. As much as I love the city, the hot summer heat is a total nightmare when you've just arrived from a city known for its cool, cloudy weather; London. I started looking around for my cousins Mansha and Bilal, who were supposed to be here to pick me up right now. And as if on cue, my phone rang with Mansha's name flashing on the screen.

"Assalaalaikum (Hello/Hi in Islam) Hooriya Api! You should have landed already, right? I' m so sorry but we'll be slightly late. There's been a truck accident and we've been stuck here for the past one hour. Do you mind waiting for us at McDonalds? Bahar bohat garmi ho rahi hai, ap please jaldi say andar ja kar hamara wait karlein (It's very hot outside, please go inside quickly and wait for us). And again I'm so sorry, but I promise to make up for it! I'll buy you two, no, three McDonalds vanilla ice cream cones once I'm there in fact I'll even buy you..." I chuckle. Chirpy as ever I see.

"Calm down Mansha, koi baat nahi (No problem) I'll go wait for you guys at McDonalds. Just give me a call once you're here, okay?" I heard her give me a quick response as I ended the call.

Putting my phone away I start making my way towards McDonalds when all of sudden out of nowhere a black land cruiser speeds past me. Brainless Idiot! Who the hell drives that fast on airport grounds knowing there are people walking around literally everywhere? Inkay baap ki road hai kya, samajta kya hai ye log apnay ap ko- (Is this their father's road, what do these people think of thems...) -AHH! WHAT THE HELL!?!? I watch in horror as another car whirls past me, mere inches away from my face. I stand there, utterly shocked. Once I finally regain my composure, I turn around to see the car parked right outside the international departure gate. Get ready to taste a piece of my mind, Mr. Whoever you are! Because the one thing I absolutely cannot, under any circumstances, tolerate is entitled people who think they can do anything they want simply because they have money and the so called status, and this jerk was about to find out! I dash towards the car huffing in anger, but what I see next has me halting in my steps.

A gun? A GUN!?!? WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT MAN DOING WITH A FREAKING GUN?!?! I start going into panic mode as I then see eight guards, fully armed, stepping out behind him. My eyes probably resembled an owl at this point, but I didn't care. I looked around perplexed at how calm everyone around me seems to be, are they blind or is the Karachi heat finally getting to me and I'm seeing a mirage?

"Please, mujhe maf kar dein Shah Ji (Forgive me, Mr Shah). Bohat bari ghalati hogaye hai mujhse, lakin bas aik aur mouka dein de aap mujhe, mera wada hai ke mai sub kuch theek kar doon ga (I know I've made a huge mistake, but just give me one more chance and I promise I'll fix everything)," I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw a man helplessly being dragged towards the car I was about to rush up to a few seconds ago.

Kidnapping in broad daylight? I looked around expecting to find someone at least wanting to help the poor guy, but all I saw was people recording the whole spectacle while the others just stood there and watched with troubled looks on their faces. Are these people for real? I whirled around and sped towards the car. There shall be no injustice under my watch!

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" My voice boomed across the whole lobby and the guards dragging the man halted immediately.

"Let go of this man right now! Who the hell do you think you are, huh? What gives you the right to just randomly kidnap a guy and drag him around as if you own him? Leave him this very instant or I will...," I was rudely cut off as a man adorned in white shalwar kameez descended from the car.

"Or you will what?" He asked, staring intently into my eyes, scaring me with the intensity they possessed.

"Or I...or I...will call the police! So unless you want to get arrested, release him and get out of h-here!" I stuttered as his emotionless mask fell for a second and gave me a glimpse of the anger that lay beneath.

"Listen here woman, I'm warning you, stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours. You have nothing to do with this matter, so it'll be better if you forget this ever happened and go back to wherever you came from," His voice was surprisingly calm, which oddly enough terrified me even more. But seeing him so confident about getting rid of me spiked my anger even more.

"Well that's where you're wrong; I have everything to do with this matter. I'm his sister! And how dare you treat my brother this way? Ab chorein unay (Now let him go)," Where did that wild, scandalous and totally unrelated idea come from you may ask? Well, I'd gladly join you in finding out.

My supposed 'brother' gave me a perplexed look, something that didn't go unnoticed by the scary-looking, intimidating guy. He looks between us for a while, and then starts moving towards his car. Is he leaving? Did it wo-

"Get the girl as well, we're leaving," WHAT THE-! I internally groaned. Way to go Hooriya, now not only is he still kidnapping the guy; he's even taking his supposed 'sister' along with
him. Oh Allah, what in the seven hells is even happening?

_______________________________________

And that's a wrap!!! Hope you liked it :) And please don't hesitate or shy away from commenting, it feels lovely to hear from all you incredible people out there! And it honestly motivates me a lot! So anyone who genuinely enjoyed this chap, pretty please with a cherry on top, let me know!!! And please don't forget to press that little star at the end!! 😁

Till next time,

K