10. Upcoming Wedding

Hey there! Let's dive straight in! ⬇️

Suleiman's Lahore house ^^ (LOL it even has the address 🙊😂)

Enjoy 🌸

_______________________________________

Hooriya's POV:

We had finally reached Lahore and were currently staying over at Usman Uncle's house here in the city. My head still hurt thinking about all the lectures I'd got from my parents and Chachu and Aala. Heck, even Usman Uncle and Khateeja Aunty were immensely displeased by the quite dangerous stunt I'd pulled earlier. They were so mad that my father forbade me from ever driving again, and knowing my father, he probably meant it. I pouted in displeasure as I recalled Suleiman's reaction.

The man hasn't even looked at me since the whole incident, it acted as an ignite for yesterday's argument, and I knew for a fact that he was now mad beyond words. Sighing and trying to get rid of the troublesome thoughts for the time being, I stood up and headed over to the dining room for dinner. Just as I entered, Madiha and Mansha beckoned me over and asked me to join them. Luckily everyone's anger seemed to have dissipated as everyone was back to their cheerful moods.

"Hoori Api, hum kal ghumne phirne ki planning kar rahein hai. Kitna maza aye ga na! Lahore dekh ei way itna arsa hogaya hai, ab tou mein aur bhi excited hoon! (Hoori Api, we're planning on going out tomorrow. It will be so much fun! It's been a while since I last visited Lahore, that makes me all the more excited)" A chirpy Madiha dreamily exclaimed and started making a verbal list of all our destinations for tomorrow. I, along with everyone else, chuckled at her enthusiasm. After having gobbled down the delicious chicken tikka and naan, I let out a dreamy sigh. Nothing could ever beat the food of my wonderful country. Just as I was about to get a hold of some of the mango ice cream we'd got for dessert, my father cleared his throat and asked for everyone's attention.

 Just as I was about to get a hold of some of the mango ice cream we'd got for dessert, my father cleared his throat and asked for everyone's attention

(Hungry, anyone? 😏)

"Hum theeno ke aik bohat azeez dost ki call ayi thi aj, aur unhone apne ghar dinner par bulaya hai kal. Aur unki beti ki shaadi ki invitation bhi di hai agle hafte kay lia, (A very good friend of ours called us today and invited us over for dinner tomorrow. And he's also invited us to his daughter's wedding which will be held next week)" Madiha and Mansha squealed out loud at the prospect of attending a wedding whilst everyone else seemed pleased with the idea as well. After all, who'd want to miss out on all the scrumptious free food they'd be serving! My mouth watered just at the thought of it.

"But I didn't even pack anything fancy or wedding-worthy, after all, how was I supposed to know we'd be attending a wedding?! What will I even wear?!" An overly-panicked Mansha gasped in realisation as a cute pout adorned her features.

"Beta, ye bhi bhala koi sawal hai? Parso shopping pay chalein gein hum sab, koi masla nahi hai. Tum log filhal kal raat ki planning karo, (Dear, is that even a question? We'll go shopping the day after tomorrow, don't worry about it. Focus more on tomorrow night's dinner for now)" Yaqub Chachu passed Mansha an assuring smile and the elders soon got engrossed in their own talks.