~Part 1~

You were cleaning up the room, opening some very old boxes and trying to figure out what to keep and what to throw away. You were going to go on a trip abroad and, for some reasons, that morning you had decided to organise your apartment, maybe it was because the chaos had became too... well, chaotic, or maybe to find some more clothes that you could need in your travel. As a matter of fact there were some boxes that you hadn't opened in ages, so eventually you decided to go through them as well, instead of just trowing them away. In a corner there was this squared box and, after a second look at it, all the memories linked to that specific box popped up in your mind. Your hands reached the damaged cardboard and, without you knowing how, the box was opened.

Even the smell that came out made your heart sink.

It was all for a boy, your ex-boyfriend, the only boyfriend you've ever had actually.

A guy that you last met about ten years before and that stayed in your heart for more than half of your life 'till then.

Some dude that now was famous all around the world because of his music and that had probably completely forgot about you.

Lee Felix, that was his name. He had also another name, which was Yongbok, but, back when you and him were still close, he didn't liked to be called with his Korean name. At the time being you didn't actually knew much about his idol life. When he left Sydney he never really came back despite all the promises, so, as a sort of internal revenge, you never wanted to know more about how he was doing. Never googled his name, his group, never searched for a photo of him on Pinterest. Obviously, you've heard some news from your mates, but you desperately tried to not care about him and move on. Now it seemed that it didn't really worked out.

You began to carefully take out all the things stored in there, starting from a photo that made your heart skip a beat. It was a picture of the two of you at the beach with the sea behind you. You could remember very clearly that day, it was Christmas, the last Christmas before he had flew to Korea without telling his parents, so you were both in swimsuits, smiling at the camera, hugging each other. His freckles were really well visible, his tan skin was creating a stunning contrast with his black hair, but eventually, after observing his face, your eyes landed on his abs... and you threw away the photo as fast as the light. Some things were still embarrassing, even if they had happened more than ten years before. For trying to focus on something else you got back to the box, but the memories that were coming from all the things stored in it were too nostalgic, so you picked up the tape and closed the cardboard, putting it in a corner of the wardrobe.

❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏

You spent the rest of the afternoon finishing that work. You didn't find really useful things that you could bring with you... as a matter of fact the only relevant things that you found were ghosts. Ghosts from a long time before, memories that should be forgotten. And there was also a bigger ghost, his ghost. Fortunately you've bought your house after he left, so you didn't have any memories of Felix in that place, but his ghost was still coming up around every corner, hiding in the antipodes of your visual field. You sighed and laid in bed, closing your eyes and hoping that the travel would wipe off all the ghosts.