🥀CHAPTER 2🥀

Stephen Giovanni Taylor
P.O.V

Friday NightJune 18, 202111:00 p

Friday Night
June 18, 2021
11:00 p.m. Los Angeles, CA

Stormy rain clouds were amassing in the West

Stormy rain clouds were amassing in the West. They looked angry as hell enough to flood the entire city of Los Angeles "whoever in the hell said it never rains in Southern California is a damn lie", but they were nothing compared to the damn dark clouds hanging over Stephen Taylor's head.

Even though he was driving, Stephen's best friend Tristian Vercilli noticed it. As he maneuvered his 2021 car through the heavy traffic on Santa Monica Boulevard, he stole a glance at his friend Stephen from time to time.

Stephen had just won the National Law Journal's lawyer of the year award and for the five-time running. On nights like this, he was always noisy, talking about everything on earth while cradling his champagne. But tonight, his bottle of Dom Pérignon Brut champagne lay on the back seat, beside his briefcase and his award plaque and trophy.

Stephen's lips were sealed, and his handsome face was creased by a frown.

That frown had been there since the night began. Not even the presentation of the awards and the wide smiles of the managing partner as he handed it to Stephen earlier that night had been enough to drive it away. His mind had been far away from the at The Ritz-Carlton hotel where the law firm held the award dinner.

It had been on the woman who had bailed on him at the last minute because of a headache: Giselle, his wife.

"Bro are you okay?" Tristian asked.

"Y--Yea, I am," Steph answered. "Why you asked bro?"

"Because bro, Steph you look like a man whose wife ran away with some other man."

That statement made Steph go cold. It was the last thing Tristian should have said.

"What the fuck do you mean Tristian?"

"What do you mean Steph, what the fuck do I mean?"

Tristian's surprise was written all over his face. His thick bushy eyebrows were raised, and his mouth was open wide.

"Hey, Bro watch the damn road!"

Tristian turned in time to see that he was about to veer off the road onto the sidewalk. Hastily Tristian swung the steering wheel left, bringing the Maserati Ghibli car back into their lane. "Jesus Christ!"

Stephen shook his head in wonder. "Goddamn Bro one of these days you will get us killed!"

"You distracted me, man."

"I dis....," Stephen looked at best friend Tristian in disbelief. "Fool just shut up and drive. Only God knows how the hell you were able to get a damn driving license."

"Shut up dude."

"Fool I will if you do the same."

"I won't have you Steph saying nonsense about my driving."

"I'll stop, when you my friend stop driving like a drunk!"

Tristian turned to glare at best friend, and Steph pointed at the road. Tristian's mouth that had opened to fire a retort closed and Tristian turned his attention back to the road muttering obscenities under his breath.

"I want to return home to my wife and son in one piece," Stephen said.

"Keep talking and you may return to Giselle and SJ in countless pieces."

Steph began to laugh, and Tristian joined him. But the laughter didn't last long. Stephen was eager to return to home to his son SJ, but he wasn't so eager to return home to Giselle. He was in Tristian's Maserati Ghibli sportscar, going home because he didn't know where else to go after the award dinner. Going home now meant having to make a decision he didn't want to make yet. It was one Stephen had never thought he would be faced with.

Giselle's ex and his college-frat brother, and archenemy Shawn Simpson was in town. That alone was not enough to worry him. Shawn, camel looking ass was past tense, and Stephen was the only love of Giselle's life now. Or at least Steph was supposed to be. But the problem was that Giselle had been acting fucking strange lately. Worse still, Steph knew that Giselle had seen her ex-Shawn at least twice since he returned to town. But Giselle hadn't told him. So, he was worried. Stephen was so worried that he wanted to ask Giselle what hell was going on. But another part of Steph was telling him that there was nothing going on between his wife and soulmate Giselle and her ex-Shawn.

A/N: Hey Loves, 😊❤ I'm Back with another update. Sorry for loving y'all hanging I have tests/exams coming up soon and I been trying to study for them. Thank you guysssss. So much for being so patient and understanding. An for those of you who are writers I will be catching back up on y'all books soon.

I haven't forgot about y'all. ❤🙏🏼

How did you guys like it?

Stephen?

Tristian?

 What do you guys' thoughts on Stephen and Tristian's friendship?

What do you guys' thoughts on Tristian's statement when he told Stephen that he looks like a man whose wife left them for another man?  Do you guy's think he knows something Steph doesn't?

I hope you enjoy ❤

To Be Continue.......

Don't forget to "Comment and Vote"