••blaise••

Hell

Hell. Shakespeare was an idiot for most of his life but there was one thing he wasn't wrong about. "Hell is empty and all the devils are here." Damn right, bald guy.

I mean, it was bad enough that I still had zero progress on the assignment by Headmaster Moriens but now Storm won't get off my back. I would question how the fuck he was in this class but after seeing the way Professor Bushido looked at him...

As I change into my swimming clothes, I can't help but think about his grey eyes. They aren't haunted like most people I know, they were bright, calculating, intriguing. I could feel myself being pulled towards him every time I saw them. Denim's right. I'm too curious for my own good. Probably also the reason I'm a cat person.

I look at myself in the mirror, shifting my hips into a pose, before shaking my head and laughing lightly at myself. The school swimming outfit is less than flattering. It was a one-piece gray outfit with tank straps on my shoulders and tight shorts that end slightly above my knee. I smirk before pulling the shorts three inches.

Stepping out of the changing rooms, a shiver runs through me as I push my hair into a twist on my head. A couple of girls on my side desperately try to put on some waterproof makeup, unprepared for this...inconvenience. I smile to myself. Makeup, what a waste.

[Note: I DO NOT MEAN THIS AS OFFENSE TO ANY GIRLS WHO WEAR MAKEUP. THIS IS JUST THE CHARACTER'S THOUGHTS AS I IMAGINE HER. She isn't perfect. Also, you're beautiful. Mwah!]

Walking out of the rooms, I glance at my phone. 2:43. I have exactly two minutes. Jogging, I reach the meeting spot and look around to find a handful of people there. Some of the kids had chosen their own swimming suits instead of the uniform. I shrug. Uniforms save time.

My legs have little goosebumps on them. Bad, bad choice to pull them up the shorts. It doesn't matter if I give him a show if I'm unconscious from the cold. He's messing with my head already.

A couple of the boys are shirtless but most of them opted for the shirt. Considering the cloudy skies? Good choice.

This should be illegal. What kind of professor makes kids do water activities in December?

I shiver.

I feel a pair of eyes on me and immediately know it's Storm. I turn my head. He meets my eyes, a bit of pink on his cheeks barely visible. It's probably the cold.

He's shirtless. Yeah, a Corporis. Shirtless. I should've expected it but his muscles pull my eyes to them. It was a sin not to appreciate that work of art.

His eyes leave mine looking down at my legs, before shooting back up to my eyes. I desperately ignore the warmth near my cheekbones.

We look away after a moment.

I look ahead to the Professor who seems too busy ogling Storm to start the class. An unknown emotion sears my chest. I roll my eyes.

"Okay, class, group into your teams, take a look at the board, and start assigning," the professor calls out. Her voice was loud, too loud for the cold.