••storm••

I walk down the hall of the corridor that leads to the Corporis towers

I walk down the hall of the corridor that leads to the Corporis towers. It's late. Glancing at my phone, I notice that it's 2 AM. After finishing the first movie we had proceeded to watch the second one and third one. Ordering in Chinese had partially killed me because I knew I wasn't following the diet I was supposed to. Blaise had laughed at me.

I smiled softly at the thought of her laugh. It wasn't polite, it wasn't rude. It was adorable.

I'm so whipped.

Smiling to myself, I wince as I realize that the corridor lights are off ahead. The staff forgets to turn them on sometimes. Shit. Of course I picked today to be out late. I wasn't scared of the dark. I just didn't prefer it. I mean, why would you want to be in the dark, when you could be in the light.

I blink. Pulling out my phone, I pull up the control center after fumbling with it for two seconds. It never opens when I want it to. Tapping the flashlight icon, I pull shift it in front of me, pointed towards the ground.

A few feet into the darkness, I gain confidence as I walk through.

A shadow-like hand reaches out, clattering my phone out of my hands. Using their feet, the figure pushes the phone out of reach.

My training kicks in as I kick at the figure, hitting flesh. Gaining a sense of the stranger, I figure out that they're about six feet tall, with a broad figure, and muscle. Gathering that it's an experienced male, I plan my next move.

Covering my major vein entry points to make sure I'm not drugged, I advance to throw a right hook to my attacker's face.

The shadow dodges with swift agility, throwing an undercut of their own. We're circling now. Fighting without sight had never been my forte.

I match their agility, with a dodge of my own and kick aiming for their lower abdomen but missing and instead hitting their side.

A groan sounds from a couple feet away from me. Gauging the distance between my attacker and I, I make a risky move throwing another right hook.

My opponent blocks.

This is getting boring now, I love a good fight but this was all blocks and dodges with no action. By now I know that they just want to immobilize me, not kill or scare.

Throwing a sweeping kick, I take them off their legs. They fall to the ground with a loud thump. I smile, satisfied. Rolling my shoulders, I crack my neck.

On guard, I grab my phone from the other side of my hallway, my flashlight still on I shine it in the direction of my attacker.

Blaise's brother.

"Are you just gonna stare or help me up?" he says, arrogantly despite the fact that he's lying on the floor in pain.

I give him an amused smile. Moving towards him I give him a hand. I grimace as an injection is stabbed into my thigh. Shit.