|2|

"I'm so proud of her! Using sarcasm against you idiots

"I'm so proud of her! Using sarcasm against you idiots." - Leah Clearwater

"C'mon, David!" Iris whined, pulling on David's leash, trying to get him to follow her. "David!! Heel!" Her whining was attracting company.

She didn't see, but Leah and Seth came walking down the street with a few people. They watched Iris's dilemma. They couldn't see David, but they could see Iris. "David! Stop rolling in poop!"

Seth, Leah, and their friends burst out laughing. Iris looked over to them and blushed a little. She had never been in this situation before. Leah walked up to her and put her hand on her shoulder. "You havin' trouble, Iris?"

"Leah! Please! David likes you! Please tell him to stop! I need to give him a bath now." Leah gave her a hearty laugh.

"David, come here." David heard Leah's voice and got up and sat in front of her. Seth and the other people had made their way over there. David saw Seth and tried to make his way over there. Iris held his leash close so he couldn't get over to him.

"Sorry, Seth." Iris apologized. She took this time to look at Seth and Leah's friends. There were three of them. The first one was tall- well, they were all tall. One had curly hair, the second one had short hair, and the third one was the tallest. Iris looked at him and they shared eye contact for a second.

Paul felt a pull towards her. He wanted to be there for her, protect her, laugh with her, talk with her, he wanted to know all of her secrets.

Paul had imprinted on Iris. Everyone around them looked at him and Jared gave him a pat on the back. Iris was confused by this development, she felt her own type of pull towards Paul.

She wanted to punch him.

That was all she knew how to do. She fought Wesen her whole life, she had never been the emotional one. She went along with everything. She never knew how to handle her emotions. No one taught her. She didn't understand how Emily could just laugh over a stupid dad joke Monroe told. How Jason could talk all day about his girlfriend with only lovely things to say.

She didn't understand how people felt things other than anger, determination, and sadness. The only time she felt happy was with her family. And even then, she didn't know how to show that to them.

She gripped David's leash tighter with her left hand and stuck out her right hand. Jared took it and shook her hand.

"Jared Cameron, a pleasure to meet you." He smiled at her.

Quil shook her hand next, "Quil Ateara, the fifth actually."

It was Paul's turn to shake her hand. She could feel the warmth of all the boy's hands- Leah and Seth were both warm too, but she always put it off as something their bodies did to keep warm here in rainy La Push- but Paul's hands were extremely warm. "P-Paul Lahote."