Chapter 6 - There Are Girls Too!

Warm wind came in from the opened window, and made me sleepy.

It's recess time, the atmosphere was very calming.

And I was also talking to my friend sitting behind me.

The topic was about my big brother 'Sakurai Haruki'.

"It's kind of strange. His temper is unusually pleasant these days. It's like his thorns fell off him, he's just calm."

He would be restless one moment, and then he would suddenly smile quietly the next......

It's like his head is becoming a field of flowers.

Even though everyone says he's the cool big brother, I wonder what happened to him.

"Hey, what do you think, Fuu-chan?"

I asked Sasaki Fuuko, the person who I was talking with, for an opinion.

Fuu-chan was from a different middle school, but I'm glad that she's in the same class with me now.

The amber pupils that shine brightly like the stars that decorate the night sky, and the undulating wisteria coloured hair that reached her shoulders gave me an impression that she's mature.

But if you talk to her, she's sociable and amusing. Other than that, she's got a mysterious side to her. She's a great friend.

"Maybe he's got a girlfriend? Since Hina-chan's older brother is really popular, it's not strange for him to have 2 or 3 girlfriends."

"About that......"

I've thought of the same thing before, and asked him myself. But he replied with "I don't need something like that."

I thought that he probably didn't want his little sister to know, so I asked my childhood friend, Aki. He also said, "He probably doesn't have one." And that was the only information that I got.

"The person himself said that he doesn't need a girlfriend. It looks like Makoto-nii who's the closest to him doesn't know anything either. Ah, maybe he has someone he likes now. But, it looks like it's not like that too. Since he's always with Makoto-nii.

"Eh!"

As we were quietly gossiping, Fuu-chan suddenly raised a small surprised voice.

I was thinking of what it was about, and looked at Fuu-chan's face when......

"W-what's wrong!? You look scary!?"

Her eyes were wide open, it looked like her eyes were going to fall out, and her mouth was trembling with fear too.

Her expression looked like it was as if 'The demon killer drove her to a wall in a blind alley, and the moment she was going to be killed...', that kind of look.

I didn't know how to react and was perplexed, when her serious face suddenly came back.

And then she straightened her back, and put her hands together. She was staring at me like she was watching some political broadcast.

"What you said just now, tell me more about it."

"Uh? Sure......"

And so, I started answering her every question. I told her in detail about big brother's situation or whatever I heard around me about him.

"Your big brother looks very happy these days. But it's not like he has a girlfriend, he doesn't need one. However, he has someone he likes, and the person he's with the most is Makoto-senpai......is that right?"

"Y-yeah......hm? Huh, huh?"

I realized something odd while I was drained from Fuu-chan directly looking at me with a sharp gaze.