Who Am I

No matter how I wonder ...

I've always been filled with curiosity.

I got up from my bed and stretched my arms slightly upward. A sunny March day, the sun shines outside and a magnificent campus view is visible from the balcony of this room.

Stepping into the bathroom, I slightly washed my face and brushed my teeth. Small water droplets fell from my hair and touched my hand.

What am I thinking now?

That's right, when did all this start?

"Hahh ..."

I sighed, while looking at my reflection reflected in the mirror, trying to remember where all of this came from.

Have you heard of childhood amnesia? How far can you remember your past? When and at what age did you first walk and see?

Childhood amnesia is caused by an underdeveloped limbic system (especially in the amygdala and hippocampus), which is where memories are chemically stored in the brain.

But in my case, I can remember.

The first thing I remember before I was born was being greeted by darkness itself. Something like warm liquid surrounds me.

I remember how I was born, I remember how my mother sang lullabies to me.

However, what I realized was only a fraction of it and it led me to solve the riddles of life.

I never saw my parents, nor knew who they were. It was never as long as I lived in that cold room that my parents were mentioned.

I remember lying in the cot. I tried to reach the bright light that was in the roof of the room with my tiny arms. Trying to crawl and look out, what I saw were babies probably the same age as me in the other beds. There were about 40 more, gathered in a white room with no interior or windows and doors.

At that time I didn't know anything, or what I was, or who I was, where am I? When the only light source available begins to dim, I return to the sound of the beautiful world of dreams.

Although most of my life after that wasn't very interesting, until I was two years old, I was taken to a certain room where all the interior and walls were white, the same room as before when I was in the cot.

Not only me, but the kids my age are also gathered in this place, in this room. Without knowing the purpose of all this, I just looked around and tried to understand my situation.

Those who try to crawl, those who roll on the floor and laugh, those who cry want to be breastfed, and those who are still fast asleep, I observe the actions of every individual present.

But no matter how I looked at it all, the only thing that caught my eye was the all-white wall that enveloped the room.

I crawled to the end, trying to touch the wall. My eyes glow when I feel the cold and hard sensation of the thing I first touched. Using my feet, I struggled to stand up using the wall as a support and help myself up.

It was the first time I walked, that's when I felt the cold sensation of something called the floor through the soles of my feet. That's when I started accepting the existence known as "white" itself.

After a few days, or maybe a few months later, I returned to that white room. But unlike the previous one, there were several foreign objects lying and scattered on the floor.

I tried to observe it all, small objects the size of my palm were many and scattered on the cold white floor in this room.

Unlike the other children, I was the only one who had learned to stand and walk.