十六

Before you could react. Giyū appeared in front of you. His face was expressionless. Yet his eyes told you everything. You noticed there was a somber and malicious look in them. Clouding the clear blue sky's that were his eyes.

You jumped away from the strike. Landing on top of the gravel.

"There's supposed to be no fighting between demon slayers!"

You parried an incoming attack. Quickly twirling around him. Striking with a gentle wing of your fist. Sending him back a good distance.

You had your instruments behind you. This would be bad if you landed on your back.

"Giyū-kun!"

"Why did you not take my place?"

You frowned straightening your stance. Walking over to him.

"Your moves. Your moves are flexible. My body isn't like that. Only few times do I use my legs."

He let out a sigh sitting down on the side of the road. You smiled sitting next to him.

"Don't worry Giyū I'm sure you're far more powerful than you say."

You patted his head as if he was Kensei. You noticed the hair pin in his hair. The crescent moon was an excellent refresher.

"How about I play you a song before I leave."

"O-ok."

You pulled the Shamisen from your back. Holding it in front of you. One hand held onto the spine of the instrument. The other held onto the bachi.

You plucked at the strings gently. Your hand moved to change the sound. You switched between the three strings with the bachi.

The wound was somber and melancholic. This stopped Giyū to think for a good while. Until he suddenly got up. Bowing his head and slowly retreated from the manor.

You watched him leave.

The half haori that you'd always remember.

"Sayōnara Giyū-kun!"

You happily waved over to the man smiling as bright as the sun above. Giyū turned his head over to you. Although you couldn't see it. You could tell he would be red as a tomato. He bowed his head a bit and continued walking.

You walked in the opposite direction. Hoping to head back home. To at least get some rest.

To think just a few weeks ago. You were cutting down trees to get some wood.

Now you were cutting through demons with ease. As well as finding yourself a home with plenty of riches.

You continued to walk peacefully. Kagezora sat lazily on your shoulder. With Kensei following you closely.

Your haori flowed gently with the wind. It was high noon. The ray's of the sun annoyed you a great deal. You preferred rain to this.

"Damn, I must be getting really lonely, I'm thinking about how awful the weather is."

You groaned out loud continuing to walk. Your clogs clicked in a beautiful rhythm.

You weren't given any orders. Your crow wasn't around. With a sigh you continued to walk.

Two hours had passed. You passed fields of fox tails. As well as a peaceful moving river. The day was slowly giving away to evening. You probably needed to find a good place to sleep. Although you could walk on forever.

As your feet guided you. You suddenly stopped looking over to your left.

It was an ideal place to sit. A waterfall fell from the rock mountain above. There was a small rock island surrounding the pond that came from the waterfall. You walked over to the edge adjacent to the island.