三十九

"After we defeated the sea demon, we arrived here. Where we got into this whole mess." You explained, taking a sip of tea.

Parvati smirked, listening to this story before she took her own sip of tea. Pulling it from her lips, she spoke.

"What an intriguing journey you had here. It seems you discovered a terrible child of mine."

Giyū turned his head towards Parvati. Your eyes widened before you spoke.

"What!?" You questioned nearly slamming your tea cup into the table.

The woman sighed, placing her cup of tea down.

"Yes... As any mother would, I tried as best as I could to raise him. His name was Umi. He was.. A troubled child." She stated, looking off to the distant sky.

"Although I adore and love all of my children. But he was different. From the start, he stayed far from the rest of his siblings. Choosing to be alone most of the time." Her eyes strayed, showing the hurt still in her heart.

"One day, he stormed off because I put my attention away from him. In a fit, he ran off towards the ocean. I could only go so far, because of that I lost him.." Her eyes returned to look at you.

"For a long time, I believed he was dead. It seems I was incorrect."

From that last comment and uncomfortable silence fell over the table. You looked down to the empty plates in front of you. Giyū sat beside you, looking to your vacant expression. His face remained just as blank. However, he lifted his hand, placing it on top of your resting one.

Your eyes lifted in surprise. Giyū continued eating, continuing to hold your hand. A smile appeared over your face before you looked back to the woman.

"Well, your child was very powerful. I understand where he got it from." You stated in an attempt to lighten the situation.

The woman laughed as she lifted herself from the table.

"You are funny child. Just like your ancestor." She replied, quickly twisting her body about.

"It is now bedtime, children. I hope your day was as bright as mine!" She ordered, causing the demons all to groan in disappointment before they began to return their beds. Parvati turned towards the trio of you, Giyū, and Misako.

"You will find your beds in the Tsuku Temple off towards the cliff. A wonderful temple with a perfect view of the sky's. I hope our meeting tomorrow will be as beneficial as it was today." She explained, taking a bow.

"Good night, dear children." She smiled before walking off.

"Good night!" You exclaimed, waving as she walked away.

You looked off towards the distant temple. It was as if the temple was floating in the endless sky. The stars, though muddled in the light, were still clear enough to see. A smile crawled across your face before you rose from your seat, turning to Misako and Giyū.

"Suppose we should head off then." You offered with a smile, causing the two to nod before getting up.

"It is a wonder how suddenly our enemies turned ally. Can we truky trust them? " Misako chimed following after you. Giyū nodded, looking over to you.

You paused, standing in the middle of the path. The thought had crossed your mind. However, judging by the hospitality behind the demons, it was unlikely they had any malicious intent.

You sighed, summoning a smile before turning around towards them.

"I'm sure it's all well intended. Like a mother bear protecting her cubs. She may have been willing to maul us. However, it was all for good intention." You explained in a happy tone.

Misako smirked, nodding along. Giyū followed after you still.

The trio of you arrived at the temple. It was a tall pagoda like building. Having three separate floors sprawled over the red building. Above the wooden doorway was a sign having the Chinese characters for the moon and temple. The intricate details in the sign intrigued you.

You walked to the door. With great heave, you were able to push it open. Met by the appearance of hay spread out across the wooden floor.

"They out us in the animal's feed house? How insulting." Misako muttered, looking through the room.

"Maybe it's better upstairs." You replied, pointing towards the ladder at the corner of the room.

She nodded, walking to the stairs. You and Giyū followed after, crawling up the ladder.

The room above was simplistic yet homey. Having three separate futons sprawled across the floor. With candles dimly lighting the room and a table at a corner of the room.

"Well, isn't this nice." You stated walking towards one of the futons.

You pulled your pack off your back. Pulling your sword from your waist, placing it neatly down.

The rest of your group did the same. Unpacking their things as they got comfortable for the night.

You slipped out of your kimono, folding it neatly. Placing it beside your futon. After you pulled the hairpin in your hair. Your hair fell to your shoulders as you let out a contentful sigh.

Giyū stared in wonder, his cheeks turning red as he looked away. You looked over your shoulder and smiled. You placed your hairpins down alongside your kimono.

You examined the wounds across your body. The first thing you noticed was your lack of bleeding out. That was good news.

You sighed, looking out the ornate window at your side. The night was settling in. Indeed, it was an earned night. Considering the tremendous amount of action during the day.

Your eyes felt heavy, your body felt weak, rest was needed. A long period of rest, most likely.

With a huff of air, you leaned back into the futon. Pulling the cover over and settling into the small mattress. Your eyes wondered the ceiling before Kagezora landed on your head. Kensei huffed, taking a seat between you and Giyuu.

"Good night, my friends." Misako muttered, falling asleep.

"Good night.." You replied, closing your eyes.

"Good night.."

#1012

#1012