The first battle

Cherry and Keith came along. I explained everything to them and they seemed to like the idea. Keith was rooting for me and Cherry gave me a simple thumbs up and a big smile.

The beat started.

His voice was deep and husky when he sang and rapped, it almost sounded like an electric guitar, taking the lead of every beat in the way. You remember that voice well.

Freestyling wasn't easy, but you were really happy with how you were able to keep up with him. He actually seemed impressed, not like he admitted it, but his facial expressions were enough for you.

The first song was over, and you hopped, taking the first win.
"Why can't you just leave?", he said through gritted teeth quietly as the next song rolled up.
Now he was bringing up the fire, this was  way harder than the past song. You didn't mess up that much but it was certainly clear to everybody that it got harder for you to keep up. His tongue spat fire as his words basically mauled you.
Regardless of that, you managed to win another round. It was time for the last song, but his look scared you. He stared at the ground before throwing his mic to the floor. He yelled in absolute rage and spoke, "You made a big mistake, and I'll make that clear for you", you were basically shitting your pants as the final song started playing. Cherry was also really scared, holding onto Keith for dear life.

He gave it his all and it showed. He was very quick with his words and his rapping was flawless. You barely kept up, but you weren't gonna give up. Not now. Not ever.

You rapped back to him, keeping track of your breathing.
The beat went faster and faster, and so did he.
Just a little more.
You took a big breath and started picking up the face.
Almost there.
You kept on going.
It should end any second now...
You were both giving it your all, only he put in extra effort.

You lost.
You couldn't believe it. Cherry was comforting you, saying it'd be okay, and Keith glared daggers at Whitty.
Whitty had a very pleased look on his face and let out a sigh of relief.
"A deal's a deal. Shoo", he said, actually shooing you with his hands.
Looks like the legendary rockstar remains undefeated.