One

I groaned as I looked out the window. Why am I being sent to Gravity Falls in Oregon? Of all the places in the world it had to be Gravity Falls.

Then the bus passed a broken sign that said, "Welcome to Gravity Falls". But there was a blood red triangle with a circle through the words. I gulped. This is my new home.

The bus stopped in front of a statue of someone standing on a rock. But that had the same red the triangle was on the sign. Something is wrong with this town.

I looked around and saw my older sister, Winter, walking to me. She had fear on her face. She was wearing a black hoodie like our family is supposed to wear. "Summer," she growled. "You were supposed to get off at the house."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusement. I wasn't told to go to my sister's house. She rolled her eyes and took my hand. I looked around at the town and put my own hood up. Just a few more nights until my transformation.

Winter dragged me all the way to an underground house kind of off the street. Actually, it was three miles from the street. I was exhausted by the time we walked in. Winter just rolled her eyes at me and went into the kitchen. She put her hood down once she walked in the hallway.

While she was in the kitchen, I looked around Winter's home. I've never been here because Winter wanted nothing to do with me. Winter is ten years older than me, and when she was eighteen she wanted to get as far away from my family as possible. I was eight at the time, and had no idea why she left me. The only sister I had left.

I never knew, until last month, when my parents told me about a science experiment gone wrong years ago. It mutated my entire family into werewolves. It happened years ago, but it affected the Clark family line forever. The first transformation happens on the first full moon when you turn thirteen. I turned thirteen last month. The full moon is a few days away. Then we mutate every night for the rest of our lives.

I put my hood down and looked out the small window. The sun was high in the sky, which should mean that I get to enjoy my last normal days. But no one is outside today. Not even the children.

"Summer," I heard Winter say. I looked in the doorway and saw her holding two sandwiches in her hands. I smelled the air, I smelt turkey and ham. Turkey is my favorite. Winter walked to me and handed me the turkey sandwich. "Settling in?"

I nodded and took a bite of my sandwich. Ever since she left us, I've hated Winter to the core. Why did Mom and Dad send me here? So she can take care of me?

"How do you plan to spend your summer?" she asked.

I didn't reply. I just sat on the couch and ate my sandwich. My bags were waiting by the doorway. I wonder if she even has the extra room.

"Summer, I know you don't like me," Winter said, getting to the point. "But you'll have to deal with me. Mom and Dad sent you here to keep you safe, but it was the wrong idea. But it's already done.

"I'm telling you right now, this town isn't like any other town. This place has things that you've never even imagined."

"Things that I never even imagined?" I snapped. "We're werewolves for God's sake. Nothing is impossible. I found that out last month. Now enough of this nonsense. I want to go my room."

Winter nodded and put down her sandwich. She walked through the doorway to the hallway, and I followed. We went downstairs close to the basement. We stopped somewhere in the middle of the staircase. A door to the right. Winter opened the door to reveal a medium sized room. "I'll get your bags, just get used to the environment," she said. Winter left, leaving me alone.

I walked in the room and looked around. It wasn't that different than my room in Salem. But I could sense that something was watching me, but there wasn't anyone in the room. I tried shaking off the feeling, but I couldn't. I turned around, expecting to see someone standing behind me, but saw nothing except the wall.

"Summer," Winter said making me jump a little. "Are you okay?" I nodded and sat down on the bench. I don't want to tell Winter about the feeling. It was stupid anyway. This is a new room and I have to get used to it.

Winter set my bag down next to my bed. "I'll let you get settled in. I'll be upstairs in the living room. Oh yeah. I forgot. Never go into the basement. It's not safe for you. Stay out of there."

I nodded, though I wasn't really paying attention. I still couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching me. But this is normal, right? I've never moved anywhere, but I'm pretty sure that it's normal to be a little paranoid in your new room.