Six

When Winter made it home, I was in front of the television eating Doritos. She took them away from me, telling me that I need to eat healthy before my first transformation. I stuck my tongue out at her and went to my room.

When I was in my room, I felt like something was watching me. I shook it off, it was probably that boy from earlier. He seemed pretty nice. But I can't be fooled. I do have a triangle carved into my arm. I have to hide that from Winter or she'll freak out. Wondering where I got it.

I looked around, just to make sure Winter wasn't spying on me, and took my sweatshirt off. The first thing I looked at was the triangle. It was red around the cuts, but it didn't look too bad. I shivered as a cold chill went down my spine. I looked around frantically, nobody was in my room.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe seeing those two spirits have made me paranoid. No one is here. But then I remembered what that boy said, that there's a charm on the house to protect me from the creatures, so I won't be able to see them. So maybe there's someone in here with me.

Then I saw a pencil from under desk, start hovering. I gasped and fell on my bed. I watched with nervous eyes as the pencil effortlessly went across a piece of paper. When it had landed on the desk again, I slowly walked to it. I picked up the paper. It said:

I am the ruler of this town. I have marked you as my servant. That cut on your arm marks you as mine

I gulped and crumpled the paper up. I don't want Winter to see it. She'll wonder what's going on. I don't want her to worry. Actually I don't want her to know that anything weird is going on with me. Just a few more days until I transform.

Before I threw the paper away, I heard a voice whisper, "Enchantments can't keep me from my slave."

I was frozen to my spot. Can Mabel really break through the enchantment? Is she really that powerful?

I didn't have anything to say. I couldn't say anything. Is the boy I met strong enough to break through? It seemed like he wanted to protect me, but I have no idea why. Why can't this be a normal town where I only have to worry about if anyone will see me when I transform?

----

The next morning, I woke up by something burning my left arm. That's weird because the triangle cut is on my right arm. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my left arm. I was left petrified. It read: I'm always watching.

How is Mabel doing this without me feeling pain? Blood was running down my arm so it was recent. Probably before I woke up.

I started freaking out. I looked around but didn't see any bandages. I'll have to leave my room to get them. If I do that, then Winter might see the cuts.

I looked around my room for something that could be used as a bandage. I looked through my drawers and saw some old t-shirts. I took one out and tore a large strip from it. Then I wrapped it around my arm the best I could. Then I put my black hoodie on.

I left my room and looked into the darkness of the basement. It's tempting to go down there now, but I'll wait.

I climbed the stairs and tried to leave the house as quietly as I could, but Wintee heard me. "Where are you going?" she asked.

"I'm going to town. I haven't really made any friends yet," I lied. I'm actually going back to Northwest Mansion to see him again. I have to know who he is.

Winter nodded and I went out the front door. Apparently she's not that worried about me.

I walked around to the garage and got the bike. I walked it up the driveway then got on it. I started peddling as fast as I could to the mansion. I don't know why I'm hurrying, I just really want to know more about him.

A few minutes later, I was at the mansion. I parked my bike and went in the mansion. Before I could say anything, he was already talking. "I didn't think you'd come back."

"Well, I kind of want to know who you are and why you've been watching over me my entire life," I said.

The boy smiled and said, "I don't want you to know those answers yet. But did she do anything to you?"

I bit my lip and shook my head. He raised his eyebrows and grabbed my left arm. "Ow! Stop!" I yelled. It hurt when he grabbed my arm, I'm not going to lie. He lifted the sleeve up and saw the bloodied t-shirt strip.

He started taking the bandage off. When he read it, he said, "Why would she do this? She didn't know about you until you came."

"Why are you so concerned about me?" I asked. "I've only talked to you twice, but you seemed like you would do anything to keep me safe."

He sighed and said, "I don't think you should know."

I started getting angry. "How come?" I almost yelled. "Why can't you tell me?"

"Her spies might be around," he replied. I groaned and sat down in the floor.

But then I heard low growling. I ignored it and put my head in my hands. But then I felt something grab my shoulders and my head snapped up. Then something hit me in the head, and I blacked out.