Chapter 3: Questions

Y/N's POV

The next morning I woke up with a sore body and a lot of bruises. I tried to get up which was so fucking painful and walked into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a big bruise under my eye and on my jawline with a cut on my lip. I showered and got dressed after I put some makeup on to hide those bruises. I don't have the best makeup, so it was kind of visible, but nobody ever looks at me, so I think I'm good. Besides you'd have to really look,  I doubt anybody will look at me long enough to see it. Anyway, time to go to school.

First two periods were pretty fine and boring as usual, so I just doodled in my sketchbook and now I had Art. Fucking great. I mean I like Art and drawing and stuff, but Ms. Benoist is so fucking impossible. I just don't have the mood for that today, well or any day... Sure, she's also really nice to look at, I'm not saying she's not gorgeous, but her personality is something else.

The first bell rang so I started walking to the classroom. When I got there I saw Ms. Benoist standing at the door and greeting all students. When she saw me her face softened and showed worry. "Are you okay Ms. Y/L/N?" Don't fucking tell me she noticed the bruise under my right eye. Literally nobody noticed it the whole day! Fucking hell. Somebody help me. "Y-yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I replied trying to not sound suspicious. I just walked past her and sat at my seat at the back trying really hard not to flinch, 'cause my ribs were pretty bruised. "So class today we're gonna..." Ms. Benoist started the lesson, but I just zoned out, feeling too tired to pay attention.

After a while I started doodling in my sketchbook, because that helped me get my mind off of things. "Hand that over and pay attention Ms. Y/L/N." Said Ms. Benoist with a strict voice looking pretty angry. "I don't want to." I have pretty personal stuff in there and if she were to go through my stuff it wouldn't be very good. "Well you're gonna have to, because I don't think you want another detention." She started to look furious now, so with a roll of my eyes I handed my sketchbook over to her.

As the bell rang I slowly stood up and made my way to her, 'cause she still had my sketchbook. "Ms. Benoist could you please give me my sketchbook back." I asked with hope in my eyes. "Look Y/N, you need to start paying attention in my class or you're going to fail, you can't keep drawing something or sleeping in my class. Also I looked at some of your drawings and I think you're really talented, but they're kind of disturbing honestly... Look, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here." She said with softness in her beautiful ocean eyes, that I was drowning in. Then she put her hand on the side of my waist and I flinched, because it was really sore. "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I didn't think she could be this sweet and kind. In class she was this cold strict teacher, that everyone was scared of, but right now she was so different. "I'm fine. And I don't need your help." I said as i took a step back. She took a step forward and every time she did I took a step back until my back hit the wall behind me. "What happened to your eye" I opened my mouth to speak but before I could she cut me of. "And don't tell me that you fell." I sighed and looked at the floor trying to make an exuse. When I was about to talk the bell rang and saved me from Ms. Benoist. "I have to get to class now, sorry. I don't wanna be late." I quickly walked past her and went to my next class.

Ms. Benoist's POV
When Y/N left I had all these questions in my head.

Why did she have a black eye?
Did someone do that to her?
Why does she flinch everytime I touch her?
And why do I even care, she's just my student.
Why can't I stop thinking about her?

She's so fucking beautiful. I don't know why, but I really wanna help her. I want to know everything about her and I want to protect her.

Y/N's POV
Once I got home I went right into my room and fell on my bed. My father wasn't home yet, so I was here alone.

My adoptive mother died when I was 15, 'cause she had cancer and she was the sweetest woman ever. We would always do everything together and make each other laugh. I never understood how she could marry someone like my adoptive father. He wasn't always like this, though. When they adopted me, he was a kind man, but after a year and a half, he was starting to get abusive. First he would just scream at me, then he would start beating me and then he would even touch me where he shouldn't. My mom didn't know about this, 'cause he would always say that he would hurt her if I told her anything.
After my mother's death I was really depressed and started building up my walls.
Ever since I didn't have any friends, I didn't talk to anyone and I would just feel numb.
And that's when I started hurting myself, 'cause that made me feel at least something...

I changed into my baggy t-shirt and went to sleep with a blue eyed teacher on my mind.