3

Marissa POV:
"What?" I asked fearfully. These people kidnapped my family, took me away from them. And now they are claiming to be my biological family. I knew I was adopted, but this was too much. This man allowed people to hurt my family, he couldn't be my father.

"Honey, you are Lorenzo De Lucas daughter." Mom said softly, pain evident in her voice.

"They're the ones who gave me up for adoption?" I always wondered why my birth family never wanted me, but they just kidnapped me after giving me up, which slightly angered me.

Quickly the older man—my biological father came up to me, which caused me to jump. Nik gave him a warning stare. "No Principessa, I would never..." he spoke. "When you were three, you were taken from us, we could never find you. Trust me bambina, we searched." He tried to hold my hand but I quickly moved it away, I was still uncomfortable and to be honest I didn't trust them. When I did he grew a hurt expression on his face. "We never stopped looking for you princess."

I looked to my mom and dad who gave me a slight nod, confirming his story. I looked around the room for a escape from the baring weight of the situation, when my eyes met themselves. Standing in the corner was a boy that looked just like me, same eyes, hair, face shape, nose. Lorenzo saw what—who I was looking at and began softly speaking. "You don't remember any of us do you?" I turned to face him and nodded. "Max, come here," he told the boy who cautiously walked closer. "Max is one of your brothers, your twin."

What the—

I couldn't believe it. This whole situation is just so confusing—I was freaking out but for some reason when I looked at Max—my twin— that's a weird thought, all my negative emotions seized. I wanted to say and ask so much but the only thing I could get out was a timid "Hi."

Max looked at me then walked out of the room.

Harsh much. Jeez.

"I'm sorry about that—Max just needs some time. When we lost you, he took it hard." Lorenzo explained.

"Dad?" I asked, and to my shock, both my father and Lorenzo replied. I bit my lip and fearfully said "I meant him." I pointed to my adoptive father, this made the other three De Luca boys in the room upset.

"He's not your fucking father!" The one who looked older than Adrain but younger than Pavel yelled, scaring me by his tone. I know my family is in the mafia and I'm supposed to be strong which I am, but I was in a very vulnerable situation right now.

"Alfonso! Enough!" Lorenzo yelled back. The boy, Alfonso, pressed his lips together in anger. "We need to acknowledge that the Ivanov's raised her and they are just as much her family as we are..." he paused. "Now she doesn't remember us so you might as well introduce yourself."

I heard Alfonso mutter something in Italian under his breath.

The oldest looking one took a step forward, and sat down next to Adrian. He gave me a faint smile. "Hey Sorella, god your so big..." he zoned out as if he was reliving a memory before shaking it off. "Anyways, I'm Vincenzo, but you used to call me Enzo, you still can if you want. Um I'm your oldest brother, I'm twenty-four."

Well technically Pavel is twenty-six so he would be the oldest but I don't think right now is the best time to bring that up. The other boy, who was around Adrian's age took a spot at the end of the bed, which caused Adrain to stiffen and watch him closely. "I'm Giovanni, I'm eighteen."

The last one didn't make a move to say anything, so Lorenzo spoke for him. "And this is Alfonso, he's twenty-one."

"Lorenzo I think we should discuss some things in private." My father told Lorenzo, who nodded.