hands (midas x oc fluff)

Ok quick background on my oc and my Midas headcanon (we all got different ones, but this is how I am personally viewing Midas!) before we start the story.

Her name is Ren Lí (pronounced like 'lee') and she's an agent for Midas when they get older.

They met as kids through Midas' dad running the Agency and Ren's parents being agents under him. But also because they both have cool powers.

Like Midas, Ren also has magic hands, but not the golden touch. She's a water bender (like Avatar and Legend of Korra), and she got the powers from her father. At a young age, she was trained to control and harness her power to use it for good. But the same can't be said about Midas, as his powers were gained through experiments by his father who saw him nothing more as a burden and a weapon. However, Ren, although not having the same powers, still teaches him how to control and harness it all throughout their friendship.

The beginning takes place when they're both 10, but it goes into the present later when they're both in their 20s!

Ok, enough talk, let's get on to the story!

~

The light sounds of rain hitting windows were a calming sound to little Ren, snuggled tightly in her sleeping bag as she snored softly. But, it was the opposite to her golden hand companion Midas, who lay restless next to her.

The threat of closing his eyes only to be met with a nightmarish land of sadness was something he wanted to avoid. A nightmarish land that mirrored the one in his reality, an unloving father who only showed him coldness and anger all because of his hands. Hands that his father purposely gave him, in the pursuit of greed, using his only son as a guinea pig. Midas stared down at his small shiny hands, the moonlight from Ren's large window bouncing off the metallic surface. Tears began to form in his eyes, his nose sniffing as a wave of sadness washed over him.

He glanced at Ren's hands that held the small cat plushie. They were normal, even though she had powers. People didn't flinch at her touch, she didn't need to cover them with gloves all the time. People weren't afraid of her.

He sniffed again, and this time Ren woke up.

"Midas, why are you awake?" Ren yawned, rubbing her eyes. She glanced at the small clock in the corner of her room, it was 1 in the morning, far too early to be up. She then flicked her eyes over to Midas, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Hey Midas," Ren started, scooting over to him and putting a hand on his shoulder, "what's wrong?"

Midas swallowed before he spoke, avoiding Ren's gaze.

"I-I couldn't g-go to sleep, b-because of my-" Midas' voice was breaking, more tears began to roll down his pale cheeks, "my h-hands".

Ren knew that Midas didn't like his hands, or was rather scared of his hands. She had seen him constantly wearing his gloves and not wanting to take them off. She tried to assure it was ok, but he never listened.

"Midas, can I see your hand?" Ren asked cautiously, she had an idea, but she wasn't entirely sure it would work.

Midas finally met her gaze, wiping some of his tears away.

"Are you s-sure, Ren?" He asked, looking down at his hands once again. "What if I hurt you?"

"Midas, I promise you won't hurt me, I'm magical too, remember," Ren replied, giving him a small smile.

After a moment, Midas slowly extended his right hand out to Ren, palm facing up. Although he was worried, he trusted Ren. After all, they were best friends.

Slowly, Ren put her hand softly atop his. Midas quickly glanced at Ren to see if she looked scared, but to his surprise, she was smiling down at their hands. He was also surprised he wasn't turning Ren gold right now, his power seemed to be under control.

Ren looked back up at Midas, her smile widening at his slightly shocked expression.

"See. What did I tell you," Ren said, the two making eye contact. "You'd never hurt me."

*timeskip 12 years**

It was another rainy night in the Agency, finally peaceful after a long day of work.

Ren sat in her bed watching Markiplier on the computer, his screams from the jumpscare making her giggle. (A/N ren is just me lol, i love mark)

Suddenly, the buzz from her phone took her attention away from the video. It was from Midas.

golden boy

"Ren, can you come here?"

Favorite Agent

"yeah ofc! i'll be there in a minute"

Ren walked down the hallway until she came to Midas' room. She knocked on the door to let him know she was there, he returned a muffled "Come in". Ren opened the door and walked into his room, seeing a Midas with tear-stained cheeks and ruffled hair.

She quickly came to his side, pulling him into a tight hug he gratefully returned, nuzzling his face into her neck.

"Was it the nightmares again?" She asked, still holding on to the tall man. He gave a nod in reply, not wanting to break down in front of her. Ren assumed it was about his hands, a story she had grown all too familiar with. She wished Midas would see how she saw his hands. How the pretty gold color reflected beautifly in the warm morning light. She was mesmerised by them, she thought they were the most beautiful things in the world.

"Can I see your hand, Midas," she asked, remembering the scene of when they were kids in a similar experience.

Reluctantly, Midas removed himself from the tight hug, extending his hand with his palm up. Ren placed her smaller hand atop his, feeling the smooth, cold surface against her warm palm.

"See Midas, you can't hurt me, and you won't hurt anyone else. Your hands aren't something to be feared, they're beautiful," she spoke, placing her free hand against his cheek.

Midas felt like he was going to cry once again, but instead of crying in sadness, crying in joy. The joy that someone as wonderful as Ren could see beauty in something that was so commonly feared, even by him.

That night, they laid together in a comfortable silence, Midas holding Ren like a stuffed animal as she held his hands in hers. Midas soon drifted off to sleep, finally able to be at peace after talking with Ren. To him, she was like a guardian angel, helping him through his darkest of days. Even at his worst, Ren could see the best in him, and he was so thankful for that.

Ren smiled softly, hearing his snores in her ears.

I love him, as much as I love these hands, Ren thought as she too drifted off into a nice sleep.

-

-

-

Okay first story done! It's not the best, but it can only get better from here (lol I hope so)!

Please give me requests, I'd love to hear what you guys want me to do!

peace out y'all!

- ri_lii <3