love foolish (angst??)

hey y'all

this one is kinda sad and short, but i just wanted to make something

you can listen to the song before, after or during reading this (also the song is by the k-pop group twice so the lyrics are mainly in korean, so i would recommend reading the english lyrics to get a better idea of the song)

anyways, onto the story now :)

-

-

y/n pov

I sat at my desk, typing away at my computer. Paperwork was a pain in my ass. I had recently gotten a job at the Agency. I finally was getting more than decent pay, and I had a place to stay.

Not to mention, I had the greatest friends.

Tina and Skye were like my new sisters, staying up late in our rooms for little sleepovers every now and then.

Brutus, Meowscles, and Peely were always fun to be around, making me die with laughter with their little antics.

And then, there was Midas.

Midas was great, to say the least.

Who am I kidding, he was absolutely wonderful. Extremely charming, handsome, god he was perfect. He always did everything so flawlessly.

"Y/N?" a voice called out, ripping me away from my thoughts. It was Midas.

I turned seeing him stand in the doorway of my office, a stack of paperwork in his hand. Great.

I waved him in, and he set the papers down on my desk.

"Sorry for giving you so much work, but you know how it is," he said, giving me a small smile.

"Don't worry, it's nothing I can't handle," I replied, returning the smile. 

He turned and was quickly met by Rook, his girlfriend, as he stepped out of the doorway and into the hall.

I stared for a second before quickly looking away, my eyes returning to my screen.

I don't know what to do

I couldn't help but feel this strange sense of jealously looking at them, seeing how happy they were together. 

I love you, love you, hate foolish

I couldn't deny that I had developed feelings for the golden man, ones that I wanted to get rid of. We were just friends, and he already had someone else. 

I hate you

Make me so bad

Here and there, he gave me compliments. Saying how pretty I was or how talented I was. They felt nice to hear, and didn't help with the thoughts I wanted to get rid of.  But I couldn't stop thinking about him, thinking about if I was in the position that Rook was in.

It's weird, the more I fall for you

I wanted to hate him, wanted to stop feeling the way I did. But at the same time, I couldn't. Even when I tried to distract myself, avoid him, ignore him, he'd always come right back.

I'm sorry, I'll hate you

I don't know, I can't explain this

Why me? I thought. I felt a tear drip down my cheek, the small drop hitting the paperwork in front of me.

I know, I was a fool

I love you, love you, hate, foolish

-

sorry that was kinda bad lol, i just wanted write something for once :)

i have more coming so be ready for those!

peace out y'all

- ri_lii <3