Chapter 1

Warning: this chapter contains violence and gore for the characters!

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Two weeks has pass since you arrived at this gothic-theme palace ruled by the grim reaper himself. You enjoy living in that wonderful place, the servants were very nice and calm as they brought you food, change you into new clothes, and also cleaning your bedroom. The food was actually made by a head-chef demon (yes a demon), he speaks French but can be a bit aggressive at some of the demon chefs in cooking. Your new room is very luxurious for a entity designing that type of style, the bed is comfy to sleep on with black see through curtains over it, there's a closet filled with beautiful dresses and coats and next to it is a dresser filled with other clothes in each levels, a bookshelf with some arranged books, a chandelier above you, and finally a balcony that lead you to see the view of the underworld.

Death trained you for the past week on your fighting skills and handling on using a scythe in combat. You were chosen a scythe as a weapon, this will help you slash and cast some special attacks on enemies. And also he helped you on transforming into your grim reaper form; as what Y/n did, your appearance look different, but also in that form you look pretty cute and kinda stylish.

You look through the mirror in the training room of your new look.

Y/n: "I look different, and also amazing." You said and touch the fabric of the clothing you're wearing. You can feel how smooth and pretty much soft it is.

Death: "This is what your grim reaper form looks like after the transformation." He stated.

You're liking that form because it looks really nice on you. You fix your (black or white)-colored hair as the strands are blocking your red-colored eyes. The colors on the irises are very unique like the similar color from your red gemstone.

The best part, you are paired up with the other grim reapers: Piper Wright, Tristan Walsh, Libby Sidwells, and Reina Yamaguchi.
You were very surprised on meeting them in the living room when Death instructed you to introduce yourself to your teammates.

Death: "Everyone, this is Y/n L/n, a new grim reaper. So please Ms. L/n introduce yourself to your new teammates." He said and left the room. You nodded and sat down on a comfy chair across from the couch where Piper and Libby are sitting. Tristan and Reina sat on separated chairs next to the long coffee table.

You got to know them very well and how they died, four of them died in different ways plus their origin story.

Reina Yamaguchi was the daughter of a Yakuza boss in Tokyo, Japan. She is also a sukeban (meaning: Japanese delinquent girl) high school student, until she died from a house fire by one of her dad's enemies.

Libby Sidwells was a popular school girl at a private school in London. She was walking back home until a mental man went crazy and attacked some people, and finally stabbing her to death.

Piper Wright was a star-athlete of the girl's baseball team in high school in Maine. Good friends and even the jocks are fallen for her, until she and her family were murdered from a home invasion.

And Tristan Walsh was a middle school student in Nashville, not fan of sports and talking to people, but good at playing video games (any type like RPG, pc games, game console, or hand devices like a Nintendo Switch or DS). He died when he and his parents died from a horrific car crash, he was impaled by a metal pole from the construction truck.

Four of them also showed you their red gemstones. Tristan's gemstone looks like a devil's head, Piper's a twinkling star or a plus with four points, Libby's a heart, and Reina's a crescent moon. Their gemstones are places as jewelry pieces attach on one of their bodies when they are in their civilian form. Reina and Tristan's gemstones are formed as necklaces, Piper's an ankle bracelet, and Libby's a wrist bracelet on the right side. You however, you're red gemstone is form as a silver ring with the red piece on the center (for your index finger) when you're in a civilian form.

Piper: "How did you die?"

Y/n: "I was hit by a fast car, I saw the driver but my vision was getting blurry from the blood loss."

Reina: "Hmm."

Y/n: "How does it feel to be a grim reaper?"

Piper: "Not bad, we got to handle it very well on our new ability and using our weapons in combat."

Libby: "And we can use it on the people who harmed us in the first place." She said in her British accent and brought out her whip. This made you cringe a bit.

Y/n: "Uhh..."

Piper: "Ignore her, she's just mad about the psychotic man who stabbed her and left her dead on the street."

Y/n: "Okay um...what kind of weapon do you have? Death told me you were chosen with different types."

Piper: "Mines a mallet, Reina has a katana (I believe), Libby wields a whip, and Tristan, a yo-yo. What about you?"

Tristan brought out a yo-yo and showed you how strong it is for packing a powerful hit. Even with a swing, it slice a silicon dummy in half.

Y/n: "It's a scythe."

Libby: "Oh that is very deadly but classic. Good choice by the way, it suits you."

Y/n: "Um...thank you."

Libby: "By any chance if you are planning on tracking down that driver for revenge."

Piper: "Libby." She said to her with a unhappy tone.

Y/n thought about it on how he ran you down and didn't do anything to help you or call 911 in the first place. All he did was just standing there watching you bleed profusely till your eyes drops. This made you mad as you hands clench into fists.

Libby: "I'll take that as a yes. But don't worry, you'll find that bloody git sooner or later."

Their conversation was interrupted by a knock on the door at first, then it open revealing one of Death's servants. He brought them a envelope to open it and read the letter.

Reina: "What does it say?"

Piper: "It says we gotta meet our boss in his chamber. Come on Y/n, he wants us there."

You nodded the response as the five of you stood up together. You guys walked out of the living room and walked down the huge hallway.

Y/n: "I wonder why he is summoning us to his chamber, must be important."