4

I laid in my bed with the covers up to my chin. It was two in the morning and I couldn't sleep.

"I love you!"  Those three words never left my mind. After the mind blowing sex and his confession, I left. I left without another word, and he didn't bother chasing after me.

He was in love with me. After giving it a lot of thought, I realized something. All the teasing, all the flirting, it was all because he was in love with me. He just didn't know how to express those feelings properly.

Now I was the one who felt like a total dick. I just walked away as if he never said anything. All these years of telling him how much I hated him, I thought to myself: Do I really feel that way? Or am I just covering up my true feelings?

Now I knew why I slept with him that night, I knew why I would stare at him in the halls, I knew why he made me nervous more than anything...

It was because I'm in love with him too.

I knew I had to apologize, not only that, but I had to tell him how I felt too.

I looked at the curtains that blocked the view of Eren's room and got up from my bed. I knew he was sleeping, but I just had to let this off my chest.

When I pushed back the curtains, I didn't expect to see him crying. He was leaning against his headboard, knees up to his chest and his head in his hands. His shoulders jolt with every sob. His window was open, so I was able to hear his pain. My heart cracked from the sight.

What have I done? I wanted to scold myself, but there was no time for that now.

"Eren?" I gently called. Eren's head lifted up and his red eyes locked onto mine.

"Y/N." He quickly wiped his tears and lifted himself off of his bed, making way towards his window.

"You should be asleep." He mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"So should you." I frowned. Eren's fingers drum against the window sill, "What do you want?"

The pain in his voice was heard loud and clear. There was no anger, just heartbreak.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. You said it so suddenly—I didn't know what to do! It was stupid of me to just leave you alone like that." I breathed out.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault. It was stupid of me to confess like that. Especially when you don't feel the same way." He looked down at his fiddling hands.

"You're wrong." I have him a small smile. Eren's head snapped up. Hope filled his eyes.

"I thought about it for a while." I blushed, "I think understand. You were never good with expressing your true feelings right? I guess I'm the same way."

Eren watched me with his mouth agape. I continued, "All these years...I was covering up the fact that I'm in love with you. I guess I didn't realize it until now."

A small smile etched onto Eren's face, "Do you really mean that?"

I nodded, "I gave it a lot of thought."

Eren's smile becomes much wider, making me smile as well.

"I've been in love with you since the day I met you. I just wish I was better at expressing myself." He confessed.

"So then let's start a new chapter." I said. Eren blushed and nodded his head, "Yeah. Why don't I start by taking you out on a date?"

I chuckled from his nervousness, "Sounds good to me. Now get some sleep. It's almost three in the morning."

"Right." He awkwardly chuckled, "Goodnight Y/N." He was about to close his window, but I stopped him.

"I hate you." I smiled.

Eren's arms remained up as he cheekily smiled, "I love you too."