𝖎𝖛. making it up as we go along

POSSIBLE TRIGGERS WITHIN THIS CHAPTER ───── physical restraint, mention of death

Kamille awoke to a grinding sound to the left of her head. When her eyes fluttered open, sharpening into focus, she screamed in excruciated terror.

Or she would have, had it not been for the gag in her mouth.

She seemed to be bound in her position crouched against the wall, the room she was in was small and dark. Her head was poised upward slightly, and as she angled it downward forcefully, her breathing quickened, heavily asphyxiated by the lack of security she felt.

Her body kicked out, desperate and futile in an attempt to loosen the bonds that held her. As she did so, her foot brushed something very much solid; and looking down, she found the dead body of a man, his head turned her way, dull eyes open and staring mercilessly at the traumatised girl.

His hair was silver and matted, body riddled with numerous bullet holes as fresh blood seeped out from the openings, spreading out across the floor and rapidly nearing her shaking figure.

Propped up against the far wall, directly opposite Kami was a red haired woman that she didn't recognise. More blood pooled at the side of the woman's head, steadily rushing down the stone grey wall as her inanimate features were stretched into a cruel smile.

She tried to push herself up against the wall, to distance herself further, but she didn't seem to be the one in control of her body's movements. She was simply a frightened puppet, hangin dangerously above shark infested waters as a higher power taunted her with careless treatment of the strings that suspended her.

"Wanda, darling, so nice of you to finally visit."

Kamille's whimpers caught in her throat, her attention on the source of the grinding sound.