ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

꧁༒☬ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ ☬༒꧂

ʜᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ

𝐀

I tucked my laptop under my arm as I went straight to my office. I called Mia to check on her since she was sick. "Hello," she murmured sounding like.. she just woke up. " Baby, how are you feeling? She coughs and sniffs.

"Oh, I'm okay-" she cuts off with a sneeze and she groans. "And that's a no." I hear a chuckle before coughing. "Did you eat? Did you take the ibuprofen?"

I sat in my chair putting my laptop down. "Yes, I did. I'm just tired. I think I'm going to bath. I'm still feeling warm." I run my fingers through my hair. "Okay, When I'm finished I'm heading home to take care of you. I don't like seeing you sick." I groan as I hear her blowing her nose.

I heard a knock at the door "Baby, I don't want you to get sick" she murmured and I hummed "I don't care, I'm going to take care of you. "Okay, I gotta go okay I lo- later." My voice cracks as my eyes widen.

'Shit' I almost said it

"Okay...bye baby." she sneezed out before ending the call. "Oh fuck!" I grunt. I heard another knock at the door. "Come in," Rita, one of my workers walked in looking flustered. "Mr Walker, there's a man out there. Asking for Mia but I didn't tell him anything. But he said his name is Trevor."

Trevor? Maybe her brother? or Friend? "Hm..alright. Let him in. Thank you." Rita nodded before opening the door and a tall man who was two inches shorter than me wearing a black suit with a faded haircut with a beard.

He wore a cocky smile on his face stretching his hand out for me to shake. "And you are?" he smirks while fixing his blazer. "I'm Trevor Allen." I shook his hand as he took a seat."I hear you are looking for Ms Brown." He eagerly nods, "May I ask how do you know her?"

"Mia is my girlfriend." Something is off about him. I can feel it.

I crossed my arms as I leaned back. "Really? For how long...have you guys been together?" He smiles while fixing his tie. "We have been together for three years but we fought. And I can't get a hold of her since she had blocked my phone number..might of gotten a new number," he mumbled the last part.

He took his phone out of his jacket. "I found out she works here, so I thought maybe she would be here, but she's not. Is it possible to get her phone number ?" He stretched his phone out to me but I didn't take it.

This guy is weird. I'm sensing an off energy coming from him. "Mr Allen, I would like to help you but I can't give you her phone number without her permission," he slowly nods as he thinks about something.

"Okay, can you tell me where she lives?" He looks desperate scooting closer and leaning far forward like he was not seated. "Aren't you supposed to know where she lives? Because you are her boyfriend right?" I tilt my head in question and he pauses for a moment before eagerly nodding."right, I should go."