Chapter 5: Once More, Obligatory Shopping Trip Part 2

[Chapter 5: Once More, Obligatory Shopping Trip Part Two]

Staring into the fridge, I felt my insides churning with dread. These pigs... I huffed, closing the empty refrigerator shut. How'd they eaten all of them so fast? But then again, they were enough for a week for one. I thought to myself.

Walking over to my room, where Sakura lounged, I opened up my drawer, taking a look at my wallet. "Fuck..." I cursed, counting up my money. I only have enough for myself. I mean, I never really needed it anymore until now. My teeth gritted together, I shouldn't have taken a week off from my job. Turning my head at the pink-haired ninja. "Sakura, get Naruto and Sasuke and go change."

Sakura, who looked up from the book she was reading, glanced up at me. "Why? Is something the matter?"

"Nothing much," I opened another drawer to get my clothes. "We're just going grocery shopping."

[———>]

"Woah...!" Naruto exclaimed, looking around with huge eyes. The blond moved everywhere, as everything interested him. He whipped his head at me. "This place is huge!!!"

"Naruto, settle down!" Sakura ordered, grabbing him back before he could wander off. "Cha," The pink-haired girl glanced around. "But this place is ventilated."

I tilted my head in thought. "Oh yeah, did you guys have air conditioners in your world?" The answer was no. Well— it did exist but damn was it hard to come by. I glanced back at the person next to me. "Thanks for coming along."

"Uh, sure," Tae-young replied, a hand scratching his nape. He wore a dark windbreaker with white jeans, a red shirt underneath. I fiddled with my phone, keeping a small eye on my list that I typed down. "But did you just get me here to supervise them?"

"No, though I would appreciate it if you did." Sasuke on the other side glared at us, in which I wasn't fazed. "Yes, you heard me: no causing trouble." I pointed at him, causing him to look away.

It wasn't actually too difficult to get the three to blend in to society— thanks to dyed hair and eccentric makeup becoming more of the norm. Heck, people might even dismiss whatever the fuck Naruto's whisker marks are!

I took my attention back at the Seong. "Anyways, there wasn't really a particular reason." I could joke about him being my sugar daddy but— one glance— I don't think he'd appreciate it.

My ears picked up a small chuckle, causing me to look back at him— only to blink. He looked... relieved to hear that. And that fond smile he gave...

I whipped my head away. "Yeah, yeah, let's just go." Stop trying to make my brain short-circuit! Mentally slapping my cheeks, I darted my eyes back on the trio, who seemed to be entirely huddled around a place. Huh. Gesturing the adult to come with me, we walked up to them, who have all been enamored by a single IPad.

"Oh, Ashley!" Naruto pointed at it with curious eyes. "This is a bigger version of that device you had, right?"

"Not really but yeah," I shrugged as they swiped through the many apps. "Make sure not to damage it—" I took one glance at the price tag. "It's hella expensive."

The other girl jumped, darting her head back at me. "Really?!" She looked back at the tablet and then the price tag that I was looking at. "It's only 200...?"

"I'm pretty sure 200 American money is like... 20,000 yen?" That's what got her to get taken back.

"There's no security for this thing," Sasuke commented with crossed arms, before pointing at the long cable connected to it. "Besides that."