Chapter 3

It was one week later when he figured it out. 

He couldn't believe it had been taken him so long. Apparently he was less intelligent than Snape thought.
Either that or blind.

He couldn't see what had been in front of him for so long.

Despite what you may believe, it didn't come as much of a shock. There were no dramatic revelations. It just was. It had been the all along. He hust didn't seen it. Until today.

They had been studying in- big surprise here - the library. Ron suddenly remembered that important "thing" he had to do. So it was just the two of them. They gone straight to their usual spot , in the corner, near the parge window, and sat down. She had immediately opened her Potions book, and the scratching of a quill on parchment soon followed. He had been less enthusiastic in staring the homework that had piled up over the week, and decided to flip through his DADA book so that she wouldn't yell at him for doing nothing.

After reading about how it was possible to avoid being impersonated with that Polyjuice Potion, he got bored. So he looked up and glanced at her. She like him, had abandoned her reading material, and was now staring out the window, a faraway look in her eyes.

After recovering from shock of seeing her passing up an opportunity to read, he became concerned. "Hermione? Are you alright?" He didn't know what had possessed him to ask a question, but what the answer was, he never find out.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

"Excuse me?"

She gestured outside, where snow was lightly falling. "The snow. Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?"

It was then realized, while staring into Hermione's eyes, that eyes, he had seen something - rather, someone - a great deal more beautiful. And it all made sense. All the things he had done, the small things, like smelling her hair, or giving her a peck on the cheek, it now had a reason. But he couldn't tell her that now. The wouldn't be acceptable at all. So he only gave her part of an answer.

"Yes."

He went back to his book, but he still saw her confused look. He smiled.
This is going to take some work.

It was amazing how fast she had lost hope once again.

It had been a little over a week since Lavender and Parvati had read her "The Article," and since Harry had given her a kiss on the cheek. Yet, in that amount of time, she had gone back to believe that there was no hope for her and Harry. Oh, how pathetic she sounded: like one of those obsessive fan girls or someone of that nature.

Pitiful.

There was one incident, however, which still gave her a bit of comfort. It had been a few days ago, in the library. She had commented on how beautiful it had been outside - she had always loved snow - and asked him if he has ever seen anything more beautiful. He simply said 'yes' and gone back to his book. The look in his eyes then... it was something she couldn't describe, but it was not like any look she had ever seen.

Or she was just grasping at nothing. 

Nevertheless, she was still losing hope, fast , and she didn't know how much she could be around him. 

It didn't help matters that Lavender and Parvati seemed to be especially aggravating these past 2 or 3 days, talking in that 'I know something you don't voice '

The thought make her chuckle internally. When did they ever know something she didn't?

"Helloooo Hermy!" they both spoke at the same time, in annoying high voices, and still using that superior tone.