I Promise I Won't Do It Again

Gray's POV

"Natsu... Natsu is in a really bad way right now but hopefully he will wake up." Gramps said. I decided to go back home and when I got there I read the note.

'I'm so sorry Gray...

I can't deal with the pain anymore. I tried so hard but it was too much for me. Don't bother to save me, I don't deserve it. I don't want you to worry about me all the time so I guess I'm doing you a favour. I know that everyone secretly wants me dead. I'm worthless. I always feel like a burden. I won't be able to look after you. I'm sorry. I really didn't want to do this. I want you to understand that I couldn't fight any longer. Just remember that I love you

Natsu

xx'

I burst into tears and saw Luna run towards me. She licked my face and I smiled. I saw Cara walking around the house and I realised that she was looking for Natsu. I sighed and got up. I grabbed a lock and put it on the bathroom door. I tested to see if I worked and it was fine. Now Natsu can't go in there without my permission unless he kicks the door down which I doubt he'll do. I decided to go to the hospital and the doctor told me that he was awake. They also said that he wanted to see me. I walked in and sat on the end of the bed. He didn't look me in the eyes and when he accidentally did he would always look away as fast as he could.

"Gray, I'm sorry..." He whispered. "No, I'm sorry for not understanding Natsu, you tell me how you feel and I just think about how I feel, I need to understand that you can't control this." I said and he smiled sadly. "You're not the selfish one, I am." He whispered and I sat next to him. He moved up so I had space to actually sit there. "Do you want to talk about what happened?" I asked and he nodded his head. Wow, he actually wants to talk about it. He rested his head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around his neck.

"Luna didn't stop me from doing it as she wasn't aware that I was trying." He said and I felt tears start to form in my eyes. "Apparently I had a seizure but I don't remember having one." He said and I was shocked. "The drugs I took can cause seizures if you take too many and I took the whole thing I think." He explained. "Erza wants you to move in with her and Jellal so they can look after you properly since I can't do that apparently." I said and Natsu nodded his head. "And I have to stay with Gajeel." I said and Natsu sighed. "What about the dogs?" He asked. "We're allowed to have one each." I answered and he sighed again. "I don't like picking favourites." He whispered and I smiled. "But they will." I said and he smiled as well.

2 days later

Natsu's POV

I woke up and got into my normal clothes. I went home and grabbed some stuff I would need. I had already packed so I didn't have to bother about that. Gray was waiting outside and I finally went out when I had finished getting everything. Erza was with us and picked Cara up. Me and Gray went 2 metres (6 feet) apart and Erza put Cara in the middle. She then walked away and nodded her head. Before we even said anything Cara ran towards me and started biting my arm. "I guess she wants to be with you." Gray said and laughed. "Nah, she just likes my arm more." I said which made us all laugh. We did the same to Luna but she didn't know what to do so she just sat there looking at Erza. She was tilting her head so we just decided to let Gray have her.

After about an hour of hanging out with each other I finally got all of Cara's ready. Gray did the same and I finally managed to get to Erza's house with her and Cara. Jellal greeted us and let us in. I put Cara on the floor and she started sniffing the place. She looked at my arm and ran towards me to bite it again. I laughed and we went into the spare room. I didn't bother to unpack my stuff as Erza said I was only allowed to go home when I was able to look after myself again.

After about 10 minutes Cara wanted to play with her toys so I picked her favourite one up. It was a squeaky rabbit toy. I threw it in the corner of the room and she ran after it. She picked it up with her mouth and jumped back on the bed. I threw it again and she stared running around the room like an idiot. "You wanna go outside?!" I asked in an exciting tone. Her tail started wagging so I grabbed a tennis ball. Cara started running around really excitingly which made me laugh. She ran to the door so I followed her. Erza was looking at me but I didn't really care. I opened the door and closed it behind me. I threw the tennis ball and Cara ran after it. She struggled to pick it up so I ran over to her. I picked it up and put it on my hoodie pocket. I threw the toy rabbit instead and she ran after it. She picked it up with her teeth and ran back to me.

I took my phone out and put one earphone in. I plugged them into my phone and sighed. I played music and just sat there watching Cara playing with her toy. After about 20 minutes Cara stared to get tired so I picked her up. I walked back into the house and closed the door behind me. I put Cara down on my bed and she fell asleep. I smiled and slowly got up, careful to not wake the sleeping puppy. I took the tennis ball out of my pocket and put it on the desk. I was still listening to music so I got back on the bed and sat there listening to it.

Natsu's playlist:

This Is Me- Keala Settle, The Greatest Showman

Do I Wanna Know?- Arctic Monkeys

I Hate Everything About You- Three Days Grace

No Time To Die- Billie Eilish

Arcade- Duncan Laurence

See You Again- Wiz Khalifa, Charlie Puth

Lovely- Billie Eilish

Hate Myself- NF

Paralysed- NF

Hey, Soul Sister- Train

When I got bored I decided to socialize. I unplugged my earphones and took the one I had put in my ear out. I put them on the desk and put my phone in my pocket. I sat down on the sofa (couch) and Jellal smiled at me. I smiled back and Erza was watching me again. I heard my phone ping so I took it out of my pocket. I saw that Gray had texted me and I laughed when I saw what he had put.

Gray- What did the ocean say to the beach? Nothing. It just waved

Natsu- 😅

Gray- What did one wall say to the other? "I'll meet you at the corner."

Natsu- Since when do you do dad jokes

Gray- I'm just trying to make you laugh

Natsu- Your mission is complete

Gray- Ey

Gray- Can you facetime?

Natsu- Sure

I went into the room that I was staying in and closed the door. Gray started calling me so I picked up. "I'm gonna do more dad jokes." He said. "Go ahead." I realised that I had made a mistake when I saw him giggling. "What does a sprinter say before a race? Nothing, they fast." He said which made me laugh slightly. "Natsu, can you put the cat out? I didn't know it was on fire." He said which made me laugh really hard. He was laughing as well which made me feel happy. "Okay, okay, last one." Gray said. "Go on." "How do you make seven even?" "How?" I asked. "You take away the S." He said which made me laugh slightly. After about an hour Gray decided to go to sleep. I did the same and turned the light off. Cara layed by my head and I pulled the duvet over her. She lifted her head up which was adorable. I took it off her head and she layed my my stomach instead. After a while I got comfortable and eventually fell asleep.