What if I?

Amber -

"I'm shocked you agreed to come out with me," Rock says as he rolls down his window.

"Same, but I'm glad I did, I had a good time," I say honestly before sipping on the non alcoholic cocktail, frustrated I threw the bottle out because it wasn't shit but fruit basically.

"Ugh I can't wait until I have this damn baby, I want a drink," I say sighing. Jayceon was working my last nerve.

He was texting me all this shit, about how he wanted me to come home and how missed me, and he was going to do right, and be a better man.

I had heard it all before, and it's so crazy, it's like I'm battling with myself, part of me want to believe him and run home, but another part of me just didn't want to care anymore.

Another part of me lost faith in the man I loved so much, I just knew he was different when I met Jayce. I was in school, young and dumb, being blinded by abs and good looks, and I've been with this man for years and now it's all coming out that he just can't be trusted.

"How many more months you got?" He asks snapping me from my thoughts, I was all in my phone reading the messages trying to find truth in what he was saying. I was about to text Jayceon back but the three dots popped up again so I waited to see what else he had to say.

"No more months, days I shoulda been had him but he acting like he don't wanna come out,"

"So you having a boy?"

"Yeah,"

"What you gone name him?"

"I don't even know just yet, I saw a few names but I don't like any right now, nones sticking out,"

"So you ready for them mommy duties huh?"

"Yeah I always wanted a baby, so I know I'll be a good mom,"

"That's wassup"

"You got any kids?," I ask him.

"I got a lil boy, Morocco, named him after my grandpa on my dads side,, he four years old,"

"Are you in his life?" I ask.

"Of course," he pulls out his phone and hands it to me. Showing me a picture of him and his son, it looked recent. They were both so happy, I smiled a little.

"He's so handsome," I say handing back the phone.

"Thanks, he my whole my life, I'd do literally anything to make sure he stay smiling like that,"

I looked down at my phone seeing Jayceon had cash app me some money and sent several texts. I scanned  through them, seeing they were nothing but baby I'm sorries, baby I miss you's same ol bullshit. He sent me a nude and I quickly closed the pic because that thang was thanging I'm not gonna lie.

I was serious, I didn't  care anymore about how sorry he was, I wasn't accepting his little gifts and popping up begging, I didn't give a fuck about none of that but I was going to spend the money.

He low key just irritated me he was typing still and I rolled my eyes.

Rock called me and asked if I wanted to go out for breakfast, at first I was going to decline but I said what the hell and gave it a chance, I'm glad I did he had me laughing the whole time he was so damn goofy but he was a sweetheart and kept good conversation.

"You really had a good time though?" He asks with a wide smile, that chocolate skin of his glistening.

"Yes I wouldn't lie to you about that, I really like being around you, and talking to you,"