𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖮𝖭𝖤

"Did you see it ?! Did the newcomer beat SHADOW?"

"I know! Hard to believe."

"Who is it? Have you ever seen him here?"

"Was Shadow defeated by such a rookie? How embarrassing..."

I stood in the shadow of a dilapidated factory, watching the scene in front of me. The newcomer, who finished first, immediately gained a lot of attention and (I won't lie) also my attention. Plus, the trick at the end... Of all the conversations I've heard, I've caught one where someone said he was a snowboarder. Overall, it made sense why he fastened his legs to the skateboard.

The boy... He's crazy.

I smiled at the thought. Even though I wanted to talk to the boy and find out more, I knew it had to wait for now.

I took advantage of the fact that everyone's attention turned to the newcomer and the defeated Shadow. I disappeared discreetly and went to my motorcycle, which I parked behind the factory. Out of habit, I pulled the hoodie more into my face and adjusted the mask. I had no plans for anyone to see me here, at least for now.

Finally... A smile spread across my face and adrenaline began to flow through my body. I got on quickly and left.

It took me about five minutes to stop again. I left my motorcycle on the side of the road in the shade and continued on foot. I didn't forget my bag. I made my way through the crowd of people who watched the race at the start on the big screen, which now showed only the winner whose name was a mystery to everyone. Not that there was much attention on her now... Especially the girls were fascinated by someone else's presence.

"See that? It's Lord Cherry!"

"Joe Is also here! Did they both come and see the Shadow Race?"

"That's unusual. They don't show up much here. Maybe they know the rookie and they came to see him!"

Usually, the screams of the fans would probably bother me and I would rather go to a quieter place, but now they were quite useful to me. At least it was easier to find the ones I was looking for.

After a while, I managed to break through to the crowd of fans. (I thought I'd end up trampled on the ground, but that's secondary)

As most people came to the Shadow race here so many people have already left by this time. Other people left to prepare for their work and their normal lives outside of 'S'. That suited me the fewer people the better.

I walked in front of them and was about to talk but before I could...

"You damn gorilla! Don't you know people have priority ?!"

"Who's a gorilla with you !? If you envy my muscles, you could also strengthen someday."

"I don't want to end up as a stupid gorilla."

"You know... Girls find men like me attractive."

"The only 'girl' I need is Carla."

"Oh my god. You need a real relationship."

"What do you mean now!?"

Usually, I'm not a person who would interfere in other people's arguments, but... I have no time for this b*llshit.

"Excuse me... Can I talk to you?" I tapped Cherry on the shoulder. He came to me in this situation as one that would be easier to deal with.

I noticed that he winced a little in surprise. My voice through my mask sounded tinted and more robotic than human.