𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤

Author's POV

The tall man walked down the dark corridor and stopped at the door on the opposite side of the corridor. He knocked and waited a few seconds for the signal to sound, allowing him to open the door and go inside.

The sound of music carried by the room immediately penetrated his ears.

Beethoven... the man thought, closing the door behind him as quietly as possible. He didn't dare lift his eyes from the floor, so he just waited patiently.

"So...? Did my faithful dog do his job well?" There was a deep voice from the opposite side of the room, a click after which no more music could be heard. Tadashi stepped closer and placed a folder on his master's desk.

"I spoke to all the guards as you wished Mr. Ainosuke." The man said, pausing for a moment. Unsure whether he should continue. But one look at his master's dark silhouette was enough, and he immediately continued.

"According to them, they did not see anyone resembling the person you are looking for. They said they checked the entry permit as always and did not let anyone else in. We also inspected the area for any evidence of breaking into private property, but nothing out of the ordinary was discovered." Tadashi answered briefly, looking at the man in front of him. As if trying to guess how he would handle this information.

Although his master turned his back on him and he did not have a chance to look him in the face, he felt the temperature in the room drop.

"Hmm... I see... What about the camera footage?" The man said, rising from the chair he was sitting on. He walked slowly to the wall in front of him, pulling back the heavy blood-red curtains. Behind them were hidden several rows of screens on which his master liked to watch the already mentioned shots.

"Nothing unusual Mr. Ainosuke was captured on them either," Tadashi said, knowing that his master had personally verified the information.

The man turned to face his servant with a dead, unreadable look. He didn't even bother to look at the file presented to him because he knew it didn't contain valuable information for him.

"Everything you have told me now will remain between us. I am also recalling you from the task I have entrusted you with for the time being. That's all, leave."

The servant was in shock. He was ready for any answer, even the punishment for failure... It never occurred to him that his master would just let it be. A chill ran down his spine from an unpleasant suspicion, but he quickly abandoned the thought.

"I understand, Mr. Ainosuke. Excuse me, then." The silence in the room that prevailed here was broken only by steps and the closing of the door.

A moment passed when the unsuspecting servant left the room, and the man who remained in it was already thinking of things of a different kind. A small part of his mind wandered at his reputation, which he tried to preserve, and therefore he could not allow anyone to learn that someone else had gotten to the 'S', which was well guarded and practically non-existent to the public. But fears of disclosure and images of various newspaper articles drove away others.

A smile spread across the man's face. He turned back to the screens and turned them on. Immediately after, two shots appeared on them. On the screens on the right was a boy glowing in the light of exploding miniature Shadow's bombs. The boy smiled and his eyes seemed to glow with joy.

"You look like an angel, my dear Eve. Oh, with every second I hear the wedding bells closer and closer. I can't wait for our first official meeting..." He let his words fade in the quiet room before his smile disappeared from his face and he slowly turned to the left half of the screens.

However, these screens have been turned off...

There was nothing to play on them. And that was what bothered the man so much. Not a single camera was able to capture more than a blur at the beginning of the race.

Normally, he wouldn't care. After all, the cameras captured the movements of those S racers who were popular or showed something that made onlookers want to see them. Something to force HIM personally to watch them. However, the person he was looking for was someone hiding in a crowd of normal skateboarders all this time.

He walked over to the table again, where he noticed again the folder with the guards' statements. He frowned at it and simply threw it in the basket next to the table. He knew that reading was just a waste of time. And he also knew that there was another, even primitive, way to get the information he needed.

After a long time of searching, he finally managed to find something. Photographs that one of the onlookers managed to capture. There wasn't much just a crowd standing and cheering on the edge of the race track. It was added just without any secondary intent but...

The man fixed his eyes on one place. In the background of the photo was a medium-tall figure, concluding that the boy, in a black hoodie. Although he did not have a mask, the boy stood sideways and his hood pulled down to his face so much that it was impossible to recognize any feature of his face. And yet the man immediately recognized that it was him. New legend S. And yet there was no comment under this photo to draw attention to this fact.

"Ahhh... Looks like that fateful apple of wisdom has appeared on the scene. What a temptation. Is it Christmas? Receiving so many gifts at once. Hmm..."

The image of the stranger stretched, even more, the man's smile on his face.

"So what happens first...

I will take my Eve to paradise,

𝙤𝙧 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙖 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙗𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙡𝙚~?"
♫︎☆♫︎☆♫︎☆♫︎☆♫︎☆♫︎☆♫︎☆♫︎☆♫︎☆♫︎☆♫︎☆♫︎

This one was interesting to write. I re-wrote this like ten times and still think it's bad but nothing better was on my mind. 😶 And as always I thank you for reading this! 😄