𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖨𝖵𝖤

Joe POV

"So what's the bet?" I asked and looked at him.

"Hmm. Let's see. If you win, you can ask me anything, even to take off the mask." The stranger said, running his hand over the edge of the mask. I would be lying if I said I didn't care what face he was hiding behind it.

"If? Does that mean you're sure you'll win?" Cherry asked him not very enthusiastically. "You shouldn't underestimate your opponents."

"Who knows ~. But know that underestimating you is the last thing that comes to my mind. You're the legend of S, isn't that true?" he replied and laughed. Some of what he said made me frown, but at that moment I had no idea what.

"You didn't mention what you want from us."

"Huh? But I've already got what I wanted from you. So isn't it fair for you to get a chance to want something from me?" He said it for granted.

I was confused, I didn't understand what he meant and I didn't seem to be the only one. Cherry had the same expression on his face as I did.

"What I wanted was..."

***************************************
I woke up immediately afterward. It took me a while to recover and distinguish the dream from reality.

Just tell me ... Who are you? And is that the only thing you wanted to race for?

It was a week since that moment and the first time I had dreamed of him. Maybe it was because I haven't thought about anything else for the last few days. I shook my head and looked at what time it was.

6 pm? Ohh ... I had to fall asleep during my break. I'm glad I hung the sign closed before that.

I sighed and got up to clean up.

"Are you finally awake?"

...

"W-WHAT-YOU?!! HOW DID YOU GET IN???"

A very familiar person was sitting on a barstool in front of the counter. With a devilish smile on his face.

"Wow. You are stupid. Did you forgot that you invited me?"

And my moment of silence is gone...

"If I remember correctly, you should have been here two hours ago. You can't blame me for starting to count on you not coming."

"I was working until now, dimwit. And I didn't even want to come to tell the truth. But SOMEONE didn't answer my messages." He frowned and took a glass and poured some wine into it. I rolled my eyes at it and sat across from him.

"How did you get in?"

"You know there is something called a door. Until now, I thought everyone knew it, but there are probably exceptions like you."

I've been talking to him for barely three minutes and I'd rather strangle him now.

"I'm sure I locked them."

"You gave me a spare key." He replied. He averted his eyes and sipped his wine in peace.

"...No I DIDN'T-"

Spongebob present: A FEW MOMENTS LATER~(and one dead body-*cough*)

I am sorry guys. I just killed one character.

You still here? Okay. Let's continue. Mood change in: