2. The Sudden Nikkah

Enjoy ;)
_______________________________________

Suleiman's POV:

I stared at the black, exquisite beauty sitting in front of me, fidgeting with her hands and nervously looking around. Is this the same woman who was shouting and screaming at me to release that pathetic excuse of a man just a few minutes ago? Where did all that fire go, I wonder?

"So...your brother, eh?" She looks up to meet my eyes, but quickly averts her gaze. I knew the moment the words left her mouth that she was lying, but this just confirmed it.

"I don't like liars, especially when those said liars meddle in my affairs, care to explain yourself Ms...?"
"H-Hooriya. My name is Hooriya," Hooriya. Quite the name, isn't it?

"Dekhein bhai, mai sirf aur sirf us admi ki madat karna chahti thi, mera aur koi maqsad nahi tha. Ap please mujhe jane dein yahan se, meri family bila waja pareshan hoye gi (Look brother, I just wanted to help that man, I had no other intentions. Please let me leave, my family will unnessicarily get worried)," I frowned at the word 'bhai' (Brother). Why the hell is such a respectful word sounding like an insult to me? But she certainly has a point. I'm just about to reply-

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" Came Yousef's, a business associate of mine, voice. The glint in his eyes as he openly gawked at Hooriya didn't sit well with me. I know that look. He wants my Hooriya and I'd rather die than- hold on, my!?!? Before I could further react, Yousef decides to open his mouth again and sign his death warrant.

"Quite the beauty, aren't you? Here's my number, I'd love to get to know you better Ms...?" He took a card out of his wallet and was about to move towards Hooriya as I lunged at him.

He stumbled back as I punched him square in the jaw. HOW DARE HE!?!?!

"Have you lost your mind, Suleiman? What is the meaning of this? Do you even realise what you have done...," Yousef's whole face transforms into one of utter rage and ferociousness. And there goes my business partnership.

"It was pure impulse, Yousef. Wouldn't you have done the same if you saw a man hitting on your wife right in front of your very eyes?" Wife!?!? Where did that even come from!?!?

Hooriya's reaction was priceless though, mouth opening and closing like a fish and eyes as wide as an owl. Yousef looked genuinely shocked, which is quite the rare occasion. It's a good thing he wasn't facing Hooriya or else it wouldn't have taken him even a minute to figure out what was really happening.

"No, I wouldn't have. Instead, the man would already be buried 6 feet under by now," A dangerous, predatory glint entered his eyes as he looked me square in the eye, as if accepting my silent apology.

"But when did you even get married? I don't recall hearing of you ever having a wife," He gives me a sceptical look, clearly in doubt.

"Just today, actually," I can clearly read the confusion and suspicion on his face. We might work together, but we're far from friends. Just as he was about to say something, his phone rang.

"WHAT!? THAT TRAITER! I'll be there in 20 minutes, get everyone ready," He nods at me saying we'll have our meeting later and is out the door in a matter of seconds. The longing look he gave Hooriya didn't go unnoticed by me though, and it irked me to no end. But it also scared me a little. Knowing Yousef, he won't rest until he's certain Hooriya is really my wife. He may not have much in the morals department, but he never messes with married women.

"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? SINCE WHEN DID I BECOME YOUR WIFE, HUH? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK-" I put my hand up to silence her, and surprisingly, it worked. She did stop yelling but if looks could kill I'd probably by dead by now.

"What I did just now was to protect you. That man is dangerous; trust me when I say you don't want anything to do with him. If I hadn't told him you were my wife he wouldn't have left you alone until he got you. And now, because I tried to help you, we're both in trouble," Her eyes were narrowed at first, but slowly widened with realisation. Her head snapped towards me at my last sentence.

"Coming from a guy who kidnapped an innocent man in broad daylight just a few minutes ago, it's hard to imagine someone worse, but I suppose you have a point. That man had danger written all over him. But, what kind of trouble are you talking about?" And now she's scared. Whoever first declared that women are complicated creatures was right in every aspect.

"It means you'll have to marry me for real. If Yousef finds out I lied he's going to break off our partnership and might even try to possibly kill me, and as for you, he'll make you and
your family's life miserable. And in case you were wondering, I'm not asking you, I'm telling. Be ready, I'll arrange a maulvi (Kind of like an Islamic priest) and he'll be here in a few minutes. If you don't want to endanger your family's life, I suggest you say yes," And with that I was out the door.
_______________________________________

I wasn't planning on publishing this early, but I myself am very impatient to know what y'all will think about it! 🥴😆

Well, hope you liked it :)

Adios Amigos!!!

Till next week,

K