Chapter 12

Was he alright? Ebere wondered, her mind was quite distant and she could swear that all she saw was Tina's mouth moving but she couldn't hear anything.

He was everywhere in her thoughts, it was a small room  and thus everyone was present but the blue eyed  man was nowhere to be found. After the whole rain scenario, he ordered a taxi for her, he was still cold and they had chatted a bit and he told her he was going to attend the book club.

Immediately the meeting ended, Ebere headed to her car as usual but got a call from the human and at once she halted, she was really happy to see his call.

"Hey, good evening" she greeted.

"Good evening, I know you were probably worried when you didn't see me today"He teased.

" Just a little, don't let it get into your head"She scoffed.

Muhammad laughed instead, he was immune to her words.

" Too bad then. Anyway am away on a business trip but I'll be back by tomorrow or next, maybe we could even go out  again"Muhammad proposed the idea.

" Yeah, maybe"Ebere was feeling giddy already.

"So that's a yes?" He asked

"It's a yes coconut head"

"My head is certainly not that bad, so talk to you later?"

" Yeah, stay safe"

" Of course, I'll stay safe for you"He said softly, she could hear the teasing in his voice.

" I'll soon slap your head through this phone" She threatened.

" Must you be violent woman?,just teasing, bye"

The line went dead. She didn't know how happy she was but she had a grin on her face for the rest of the day.
***
Ebere cast a glance at him,he was looking better, daper and well rich. It was a long time anyway, what was she expecting.

"Jidenna,we are really happy you are back"

Jidenna,who was he? A neighborhood boy, smart ass and everyone knew how much she crushed on him before. He travelled outside for university,he studied medicine and he was back and she didn't like it.

He was smiling at her from where he sat. Jidenna was cute,she often thought of him as fluffy puppy, yes,that was what he reminded her of. But he was all muscled up,light skinned,wavy hair and the accent . Yes the accent was there.

"What do you do now Lisa?" He asked. Ebere cringed at the nickname he had once called her.

"Ebere he just asked you a question?" Her mother nudged her.

" I'm a banker"

"Really? That's beautiful" He flashed her a smile.

" Ebere come let's get dessert"Her mother nudged her with a smile, Ebere read meaning into the smile immediately.

Ebere followed her to the kitchen and the smile disappeared.

"So why are you giving him attitude?" Her mother asked.

" How?"

" I'll design your face with slap" The older woman threatened.

Ebere took several steps backwards.

"Be nice,be nice, Jidenna is a good boy,a doctor, Igbo, respectful,madam na spec"

Ebere didn't know when she started laughing. Who taught her mum that one again.

"Why are you laughing,is that not what you youngsters say these days,see just be nice biko"Her mother was softer.

" I've heard"

When they returned to the dinning,the conversation flowed well and when Jidenna was about to leave, Ebere was asked to accompany him.

"It's been long Lisa,you look more beautiful"Jidenna said once they stepped outside.

" Thank you"

" I was expecting you to attack me, you know you have sharp mouth"He teased.

" Are you insulting me in my own house"

" That's more like it,I know you'll surely talk"

Ebere smiled.

" So what changed Lisa,you aren't crushing on me any longer"Jidenna said teasing her. He was older than her by 2 years but she felt like smacking his head.

"People grow up,I grew up." She replied.

"Yeah that's true. I really missed you though."He confessed.

" Yeah I know, am awesome, so why not" Ebere sassed and he laughed again.

"We should have dinner sometime, what about Saturday, will you be free?" He asked. Ebere wanted to decline but he had puppy eyes on.

" Don't say no na"He pleaded.

She nodded and then he gave her his phone to type in her number.

"I hope I can reignite those feelings again" Jidenna whispered close to her ears when he hugged her briefly.

He didn't even allow her protest, he got into his car and drove off.

"And you were acting like you didn't like him"Her mother attacked her once she stepped in.

" Mummy!" Ebere screamed in fright.

"I saw him hugging you, wow, that was fast"her mother teased her.
Ebere didn't know if she preferred her strict mother or the one who acted like a teenager.

"Nothing happened."

"I know and it should remain that way until your wedding night, you know what I can do"

Now she was back to her African mother mode.

" Make sure you lock my doors and switch off the lights, am going to bed"

Ebere nodded. When she got to her room, Amanda was waiting for her.

"Just so you know, am on team blue eyes" Amanda said and walked out.

Ebere slumped on her bed,she was tired.

***
Another chapter that popped up in my head, totally not part of my sketch but I like it, don't you.

Another character?
Yah or nay?
What team are you on?

I wanted to make this chapter longer but am tired,I started typing from 3:30pm till 8pm

Chapter 10 to 12 in one day,Biko I need one cold fanta😌,I be spec abeg😂

Who else have watched Coming to America,I've not watched it, just the triller but I think it's worth the hype or what do you think?