Chapter Seven (Thor)

Silence crept through my bedroom as I sat in the middle of my bed. I couldn't believe what was happening with my family had been real. I so desperately wanted it to all be a horrible nightmare. A nightmare that I would soon wake up from. But, it wasn't a dream. It was reality. My own brother had betrayed not only Asgard but our family because he was consumed by his envy and jealously. I am trying so hard to hold onto the hope that my brother is still in there somewhere. He just needs someone who can get through to him, and help guide him back to reality. That person needs to be me. Loki has already proven that Thor no longer matters to him anymore. Besides, Loki has always cared for me, and I know even in this state he could never hurt me. I'm his baby sister, he is always going to do whatever it takes to keep me safe.

But now my brother has shown himself to me as someone who's really lost it. I am forced to see, and accept the fact that Loki is not the same brother that I used to know.

Letting out a long huff, I crawled out of my bed. I can't just sit here, and do nothing.

I paced back and forth, fidgeting with my fingers. I had to come up with some sort of of plan. For minutes, my mind was blank. Then...It hit me. A plan that would most definitely work, if I carefully carried it out. This whole time, I've been against what Loki believed. But what if, I presented myself as if I had come to terms with what he believed? That Thor didn't belong to Asgard, and that Loki could be the king Asgard needs?

But what it really work?

It was certainly better than nothing. I'm just afraid if it doesn't work, Loki would only feel more betrayed. I have never betrayed Loki, and I know that kind of hurt will only anger him more. I shake my head. I had to do this. Even if I feared hurting Loki.

I turned to face my bedroom door. I was going to inform the guard who was posted outside of my door that I needed to speak to Loki. I walked to my door, and cracked the door open slightly.

My head peered out of the door. "Excuse me?" I spoke aloud. The guards head turned to face me when he heard my voice. His brows furrowed upwards in curiosity. "Could you please inform Loki that I want to speak with him. It is very important that I do." I told him. The guard nodded his head. "Of course, ma'am." He said with a bow of his head. "I'll have one of the other guards bring him here."

"Thank you." I nod.

With that, I returned to my room. All I could now was wait to see my brother.

As hard as it maybe, I'm still holding to the hope that apart of my brother is still there. I won't give up on him. I can't give up on the one person who has always fought for me. Who's always been there for me. But now, I need to be there for him.

To pass the time, I found a few things to occupy me. Reading. Organizing and cleaning my room. Then the time came to where Loki had arrived at my room.

The door had swung open, and Loki had entered. I exhaled, facing him. "I'm glad you came, I needed to speak with you, brother." Loki narrowed his eyes. His expression nearly emotionless. "I do hope you haven't brought me here to make more accusations, sister." I shake my head, taking a few steps towards him. "No I-" I paused, trying to think carefully about my words. "I didn't bring you here to accuse you of anything else. In fact, I brought you here to apologize to you." Loki seemed now intrigued, but also confused. I bite down on my lower lip. Loki remained where he was. "Apologize?" He quizzed. I nodded my head. God, I really hope I don't screw this up. I know all hell will break lose if I do. Not to mention how upset it will make Loki.

"I want to apologize for what I said, Loki. For accusing you of sabotaging Thor's ceremony." I replied, simply. "It was wrong of me to say such a thing. Especially, when I know that you would never do such a thing."