Chapter One (Thor)

Today is very special for my family. Today is to be a day of gathering and celebration. Today is the day for a change. A wonderful one. Today is the day that my brother Thor is to be sworn in as the king of Asgard, and the protector of the nine realms. It is a day that is long-awaited for Thor. I am very happy for my brother. I am glad that father believes he is ready to take over the throne. Thor has done more than enough to prove his worth to father. It might have taken Thor a little longer to grow into his role, but he has done it. He is very worthy to be king. Though, I imagine this day will be difficult for my other brother, Loki. Loki loves Thor dearly. He always has. But, Loki has always envied Thor for his trust with father. He's even admitted to me, that he feels father favors Thor over him.

I imagine that is not true.

Father loves all of us very much. He has always done what's best for us. He will always do what is best for us.

But today is not the day to worry about that. Today, is meant for celebration, and a new beginning for Asgard. And that is what it shall be.

~~

The banquet hall was filled with an eager crowd of people who were waiting for the ceremony. I, of course, went to seek out my brother to speak to him before the ceremony.  I scurried through the hallways, hoping he would be nearby. "Thor?" I looked around, hoping he'd be somewhere in sight. "Thor?" I repeated. Thor had the tendency to wander off. I never knew where he would be at times. Both of my eyes scanned my surroundings. Nowhere in my line of sight. I stop my walking, and sigh. Typical of him. "If you're looking for Thor, then I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you, my dear." My head turned at the familiar voice. Walking in my direction was my other brother, Loki.

I stared. "Loki?"

Loki stopped in front of me. "Hello, my dear. I'm afraid that Thor is nowhere to be seen. Though, I suspect he might have gone off with his friends." I nodded my head. I suppose it wouldn't be unusual if Thor had gone off with Sif, and The Warriors three. They were his close friends. They were always with one another. They were inseparable. Both here on Asgard, and on the battlefield. "Do you think?" I quizzed.

"I believe so." Loki nods. But, he smiled softly. "Are you ready for the ceremony?"

I smiled back, nodding my head. "Yes. Father was very specific that I be ready in time. You know how he feels about tardiness." Loki nodded his head, in agreement. "The last thing I want to do is make him angry on Thors special day."

Loki looked away momentarily. "Yes. Thors day." Of course, I could tell that it almost bothered him to have it mentioned. I frowned. I know that Loki has always wanted to be king. And to have that stripped from him, must be extremely difficult. I imagine it will be hard to watch Thor be sworn in "Loki, I know that today is hard for you. But Thor being sworn in, doesn't mean that one day you won't take over the throne." I tried to reassure him. Loki looked back at me, his blue eyes softened. I took his hands in mine. "Today, is to be a good day for our family. For our people. We should be happy. We should celebrate."

Loki rubbed his thumbs over my knuckles. "I know, my dear. I am happy for Thor, I truly am. It's just-" He sighs. "I suppose it's nothing to worry about now of all times." He told me.

"Loki, what is it?" I asked.

"It's nothing. I don't want you to worry, sister." Loki gave my hands a squeeze of reassurance.

"Are you sure?" Loki nodded his head, then letting go of my hands. Even though, he told me to worry, I can't help but worry. Something troubles him. I can see it, even though he's choosing to hide it the way that he always does. "I do not wish for you to worry, my dear. Besides what you say is true. Today is the day for celebration." He spoke softly.