Chapter Eleven (Thor)

Third Person POV:

After a not so friendly reunion with Loki, Thor had been blasted by energy from Gungnir, and had plummeted several stories down the palace, landing in the pools just below. The impact had knocked him out, but not for very long. The God of Thunder groaned as he had awakened from unconsciousness. He had been woken from a loud noise. The noise of the Bifrost being turned on. Thor stared when he saw the beam of energy being shot up into the space. However, his eyes grew when he had realized where the Bifrost was aimed at. "Jotunhiem...." Loki had activated the Bifrost with the intent of destroying it, along with every last Frost-Giant. All because he wanted to prove himself. But it wouldn't make a difference, not with all of the destruction he had caused already. Thor knew he had to act fast. He grabbed Mjolnir, and swung the hammer before it pulled him off into the air.

Thor soars through the wind above the Bifrost bridge and towards Heimdalls observatory.

He lands just outside of the huge door. The energy from the Bifrost routed. As Thor entered the observatory, he shielded his eyes from the bright light. Thor looked over to the controls in hopes of being able to shut it down. But the console was covered in ice, unable to be used. Loki stood at the controls. "All these years, and no one's ever dared to use it as a weapon." He spoke loudly.

Thor rushed to the ice covered console. He raised Mjolnir up, going to smash the ice to get to the controls. Loki stops him.

Loki raises Gungnir, and shoots energy out of it. The blast hits the ice, and Thor is blasted back across the floor. Thor stumbles on his feet, and looks to Loki as walked down to him. "You can't stop it. The Bifrost will build until it rips Jotunheim apart." Loki told him.

"Why have you done this?" Thor quizzed.

Thor didn't understand why Loki was doing all of this. It was his goal to get him to stand down, and stop all of this before it was too late. He was holding onto the belief that Loki was in there, and that he could be stopped. "To do what Father never could. To destroy their kind forever. When he awakens, he'll see the wisdom of what I've done."Loki remarked. Thor shakes his head. Had Loki truly thought their Father would agree to this? Thor knew he wouldn't. It was madness! Killing an entire race was wrong, even if they had proven to be strong, and dangerous. "He won't! You can't kill an entire race!" Thor protested.

Loki titled his head? If he recalled, Thor was the one who wanted to destroy the Frost-Giants. Why the change of heart now? "What is this newfound love for the Frost Giants? You, who would have killed them all with your bare hands."

"I've changed." Thor replied. See...While being banished on earth Thor had met someone, a woman. Jane Foster. She had helped him see clearer.

"So have I." Loki hissed. He raises Gungnir, and strikes Thor across the face. "Fight me."

Thor didn't have much time to react, but once again Loki swings the weapon at him. Before it can hit him, Thor catches it in his hand. With his other hand, he wields his hammer. At first it seems as if Thor is going to strike back, but instead he flys over Loki, and to the controls. Loki swings around, and blasts Gungnir at Thor once more which immobilizes Thor. " Is the throne really worth what you've done? What you would become?" Thor quizzed. Loki faced Thor, as anger boiled inside of him. The throne had never truly mattered. "I never wanted the throne. I only wanted to be your equal. Now fight me!" He hissed. Gesturing Gungnir, Loki flings Thor to the ground. Thor stands to his feet, facing his brother. "I will not fight you, brother!" He remarked. He refused to fight Loki. Loki was his family. His brother.